Saturday, July 07, 2012

Purchases.

Woke up really early today (for a Saturday) to figure chords out for this song we're performing for Sultan's birthday celebration next Sunday.

Van left at 9.45-ish in the morning, then reached our High Comm, then we like, practiced a bit and then we had KFC for lunch (because Auntie Mal ordered and she's nice). Bruneians and unity, it's funny but we really are like some dysfunctional family. We may not be close sometimes, or we may hardly talk to everyone else, but in the end we're still in this together.

And it's also funny how we've been asked to do things like this so many times, nobody questions it anymore (except Nick Ho, who was a bit hesitant and confused as to why we are requested to do such things). Sometimes I wonder why, if they care about our grades so much, they would further affect them by giving us reason to divert our attention and divide our time, but then in the end it's all down to proper time management and self-control. After all, we have obligations.


So anyway, got dropped off back at school, then went out with Fatinn immediately afterwards. Our agenda was to buy socks and groceries, but we ended up walking around Bugis and buying more than intended.

I hardly shop, so I'm rather proud of myself when I get things I like. Went to Kinokuniya and procured set of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (up till the most recent one) for a cheaper price than if I bought them individually (because there has been such a hype lately about 'Game of Thrones', the hit HBO television series). Also picked up 'Unholy Night' by Seth Grahame-Smith (remember him?), which I shall start reading very soon. Also bought myself two Marvel keychains, one of Iron Man and another of Spider-Man. Awesomeness.

Walked around with Fatinn because she wanted to look for a new pencil case and shoes and stuff (general girlish browsing).

Back to Clementi, walked around some more, coincidentally met Kevin and Nick Kong, bought our groceries, then ate at McDonalds with Emily (who also coincidentally met us there because she was planning to meet up with Kevin and Nick to buy durians, which I did not intend to stick around for).


Managed to catch the final session of qualifying when I got back (it got delayed 'cause of the rain), and it was great and terribly exciting. Alonso on pole (yeahey) after he managed to barely squeeze into Q3, followed by Webber, Schumi (brilliantly done), Vettel, Massa (back in form, thankfully), and Kimi (next to his old teammate, such nostalgic feelings).

Celebrated a bit on Twitter with Pin and Joshua Sia. Yay Ferrari fans.

Tired now so I'll go off.

Night.


P.S. Oh, and yes, we did get socks. I've lost so many socks this year it's not even funny. I don't understand where they all go. I was like, down to three functional pairs. Atrocious.



No comments: