Sunday, July 08, 2012

Silverstone 2012.

It's a Sunday, the Silverstone Grand Prix is over, and there's school tomorrow.

So I'll wrap this up chop-chop (I just looked this word up and found out it's Chinese origin, so like whoa), so I can focus on stuff like my ARP and Chem review worksheets.

Woke up quite late today, because I totally wiped out after yesterday's long day.

Spent my afternoon catching up on the Shaytards' vlogs, and recapping our first Biochem lecture (actually it was more of randomly doodling on my notes), hanging around Tumblr, trying to perfect this song, watching 'Away We Happened' (because that's part of our ARP), psyching myself up for the race.

Then the race started, and suddenly everything sort of burst into life. Tweets rolled in like bullets, and I desperately tried to find a live streaming link that would last me (settled eventually for this French channel, of which I understood absolutely nothing, but it was comforting to be able to hear the revving engines and see the cars on track).

Alonso led very well initially, but we all know the results now. Strategy was kind of a bummer, because he started out on the hard option tyres, and had to end the race on softs, which gave Webber an advantage over him. So, with the faster car, Webber won the race. Vettel ended up third, but I don't think he was expecting to win.

Massa finished fourth, his best position of the season so far, I think. I'm so glad he's managed to find his own pace now, and I bet he'll have less criticism to deal with now. Kimi and his teammate Grosjean finished behind him, followed by Schumi (it was a good lineup, honestly, because these are all drivers I like). Schumi qualified third though, poor thing, but his car really didn't cut it.

I love following Lotus on Twitter, because they're really funny and tweet the awesomest things. Them and Red Bull have the best sense of humour there. Lotus' hashtag of the weekend was '#GodSaveOurTyres'. Very appropriately put.


Button and Hamilton had very disappointing home races, because they were tenth and eighth respectively. British fans mustn't have been very happy with that. And Di Resta didn't finish, so the Scots couldn't have reason to celebrate either.

And somehow Perez attacked Maldonado and both of them spun and that was that for them. Terrible results for both of them, with one DNF and one 16th place (15,000 Euro fine for Maldonado). Tsk. And Kobayashi somehow rammed into his pit crew during a stop (25,000 Euro fine).


Okay, that's it now.

Good night. Week 3 starts tomorrow.



P.S. Oh, and Rowan Atkinson was in the pit garage and that made it awesome.

No comments: