Friday, April 20, 2012

Desert Rose.

Quite a strange and empty week, so I used it to stock up on panic that will spur me on to study for exams. It's terrible that now mock AP Calculus is over, it doesn't feel as if exams are around the corner. But they are.

Listening to 'Desert Rose' by Sting now. Goodness, I have totally missed out on this. I realise I quite like Sting's sound, but I've never bothered to check his songs out. Since this was first on the list, it's been stuck in my head ever since and I haven't moved on to his other songs.

Just because we've been busy doesn't mean we can't stop and listen to music. It helps, you know.

Finished watching the first season of The Voice last night, because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to concentrate. Winner was, as Aisyah told me, totally expected. And I'm so glad it was that person (will not specify gender in case of spoilers). Such a good voice. They're all so incredibly talented it's scary, and Adam Levine is so incredibly Adam Levine. Oh Adam Levine.

Speaking of Adam Levine, Maroon 5's new single 'Payphone' has been stuck in my head since I heard it, even though it sounds less like the old Maroon 5 and features a random dude rapping unnecessarily.

Also, went YouTube-hopping and found this, which is crazy awesome because of all the prominent figures in music sharing a stage. I also felt a stirring in my soul when I heard this, where B. B. King, Eric Clapton and Phil Collins jam and play 'The Thrill Is Gone'. It just doesn't get better than that. I love how they can seemingly freestyle everything and still sound so brilliant, like it's in their souls, man. Such an insanely good song, and it makes so much sense, too. Beverly McClellen did a stirring rendition of this on The Voice, too.

The more good music in my life, the happier I am. Honestly, they don't write like they used to anymore. Sooner or later all the people who remember and appreciate this will become old and die off and the later generations wouldn't know a thing. So sad.


So, for my week. Tuesday was a regular school day, except there was no Math, so I spent the hour and a half in 501 doing Chem ass 4 with Aisyah (and finished it, too, so proud of us), before going for English and listened to people present. Liked Galen's presentation topic (tsk, he got an A+ and Brendan and I tried to console ourselves by claiming it was because we asked good questions). Yes, it is getting better for the gay community. Less discrimination, more acceptance. Good for the teens of today, even though their taste in music might be on the decline and their exposure to good cartoons is dying.

I've stopped caring that people might wonder if I'm lesbian. Like Johnny Galecki said, "I haven't really addressed those rumours because why defend yourself against something that isn't offensive?" Well said, well said.

Managed to finished my Chem mindmap on Tuesday too, which made me prouder of myself for being so productive.


Didn't really have class until ACE/English at 12 on Wednesday, but I had to meet up with Mrs Lay and I did.


Thursday was a bit empty too, aside from an hour of Chem and our Physio GCT during Physio (well duhh). Was grouped with Punitha, Sree and Jun Wei, but didn't keep track of time so whoops. I really like Physio. It makes up for all the insecurity Mol Gen makes me feel. Played a game very much like Captain's Ball during PE since we didn't really have anything to do and it was raining.


Continued with '3 Idiots' during mentoring today, but still couldn't finish watching the movie because Ms Dass stopped it for English.

Then went to meet up with Ash and Mrs Lay after English so we could talk about some things, and so Ash could pass me his template, then Mrs Lay left, and cikgu came to talk to us too. Goodness. Didn't expect to spend so much time there.

Ate with Aisyah afterwards, because we're good that way. Then MJ magically sprang out of nowhere, and then Nikki joined us and we talked about random things and then we went up to our rooms.

Slept from 1 till 5, 'cause there was no CCA, and it felt quite good. I think I haven't been sleeping as much as I want to at night, but I want to stop sleeping in the afternoon 'cause I might nod off during my papers in the afternoon.

Agh, exams.


Okay, going off now.

Night.


P.S. It's another race weekend, but I feel quite unexcited because it's a controversial one.

No comments: