Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sacrifices.

It's past midnight, but I'm still up, because it's exam time, Reading Day is tomorrow (although by right our exams started with AP Mock Calculus on the 16th) and I have some studying to do.

Since I'm taking Calculus out of the equation (pun unintended), our first paper was today (or papers, if you take Mother Tongue).

The build-up to exams has been quite lax, because of the lack of class we've been having, and the staggered-ness of the papers. Last year, we had lessons all the way to the end, then a reading day, then nine papers within a week or so. And this year (for me, at least) it's a paper on the 16th, English today, Physio on Friday, Mol Gen on Monday (thank God for the weekend), and Chem on Wednesday. It's awesome because we get more time to study now, after the initial shock of realising exams were upon us.

Ms Dass treated us to cake on Tuesday for mentoring, because she's awesome that way. Then she let us finish watching '3 Idiots' during English (awesome movie. I don't think a remake into any other language or in any other way would be as successful, because the humour lies in it being Indian). I hope she marks my exam essay.


So yeah, today. Woke up at nine-ish, then wandered around the Internet reading random things so I'd feel a teeny bit more prepared for the general question I was going to attempt (unlike the questions that target specific topics, in our case poverty, globalisation and the environment, general questions are set by teachers as a test of courage and desperation, and as a test of how much random titbits of knowledge you have stored in your mind).

Went down for lunch with Aisyah and Si Min. Aisyah sprained her back, poor thing, so she couldn't sit/stand/walk/function properly. And after the paper, Wei Qi sprained her ankle going down stairs because I was talking to her and she missed a step. Whoops.


The paper, oh the paper. My question was "How much should one sacrifice for love?", which was a pretty ridiculous question, but I did it anyway. An hour and a half is not long enough to write about the deep, inner implications of all this, and I had to constantly remind myself to not digress and make my essay more rubbish than it was already going to be. Also had to like, fish myself out of going too deep, because when I do I make absolutely no sense. I hope, fingers crossed and pray hard, that I do not fail this.

Oh love.

In retrospect I also hope none of my friends read my essay because I was inevitably corny.

Ew.


Okay, going off now.

Night.


P.S. If Bio students beat non-Bio students in Chem, I will laugh.

No comments: