Monday, April 16, 2012

Potato peeling.

I'd say I should have posted daily since I last posted, because there was so much to talk about, but I didn't because then I would've probably done worse that I already did for our Mock AP Calculus paper (which, despite the "mock", serves as our final Math exam for the semester).

I mean, I did as expected, which was to not finish all the questions, but I really wanted to do well for this paper. In retrospect though, I didn't die as much as I was fearing, considering how much I studied for it. Too late to regret now. It's hard to do calculus three hours straight, really.

Was busy all weekend, actually. Friday was Speech Day, so after a morning of pseudo-moping about how much of an underachiever I am, we (Adithya, KT, Wai Yin, Kelvin, Boon Chong and I) went out for lunch at Thai Express. I think I'm going to avoid the basil chicken for quite a while, because for some reason everything was especially spicy that day and everyone was practically dying.

Afternoon was spent band practicing (as almost every night since Wednesday) with Cyrus, Isaac and Galen. Decided to go out to eat, so we did, and Shuen tagged along. Had Mac's because Cyrus wanted to. It's intriguing to hear what guys get up to in their clusters, because in my cluster (or any other cluster before) we don't do these strange things. Or maybe it's just the local people who live here (I doubt it). And within our cohort, it's like news can spread real fast.

Came back and crashed, then woke up at 5.20 in the morning so we could meet up at Aljunied MRT station at 6.30 for CIP at Highpoint Community Services Association. Left with Wai Yin and MJ, but then realised the first 196 of the day didn't arrive until like, 5.54, so we were kinda like kicking ourselves for not checking the bus timings. Waited for the bus anyway, but stopped worried about being late 'cause we met Adrian at Buona Vista. It was total serendipity, 'cause he was worried he was going to be late too, but then the train doors opened and there he was standing right in front of us. Coincidence much?

Anyway, met up with a bunch of people from our video/AV side (and Jia Min and a few people from photo as well), then took us ages to find the place 'cause we got lost and had to make a few phone calls asking for directions. Finally found our way there, and I have to say it was quite the experience. Peeled potatoes, picked long beans, chopped pumpkins, onions, broccoli and cabbages, and packed food (and delivered). And it felt good too, 'cause we were helping out for a good cause. Yay.

And I also realised that the preparation of food is taken by granted, because so much effort goes into it but we see nothing but the stuff on our plates (and the satisfaction in our tummies). Hah I just said the word "tummies".

So then yeah, rushed back after CIP so we could make it in time for our semis performance. It was insane 'cause we were so tired, all the Year 5s fell asleep in the bus (I don't know what this proves, probably the older you get the worse your sleeping habits become). Showered, then right as we reached the audi we had to do our piece. And even though we hadn't practiced since the night before, we made it into finals. Hooray for Jedi Bass.

Went out for lunch at Clementi Mall with Aisyah, Nikki, Wei Ren and Wee Thean, then got caught in the rain before we could reach Nikki's house. Borrowed clothes then came back for another performance.

The Talent Search categorisation this year is really messed up, because now vocal duets are grouped with dance duos, which is ineffably stupid. How on earth can you judge singing against dancing? Goodness.

Some deserving people didn't get in, that's all I'm saying.


Started studying for today's paper on Saturday night, then spent all Sunday doing past year questions. It was a horrible experience. Maybe even if I was more prepared than I actually was, I'd have done better, but then again, maybe I'm just stupid.


Played pool for a while after lunch, then came back to my room to sleep. Brain felt drained, man.


And now I'm here typing this post.

Going to do Chem now. And listen to My Chem. It's a good combination.

Adieu.


P.S. I may have offended someone recently and seemed extremely disrespectful, but I want to commemorate this event as a day I stood up for my beliefs despite what other people think of me. I can't have given a speech on integrity and not understood the essence of it. So no, I am not sorry. Even when I go back home and have to meet up with you I will hope you respect me because yes, I am brave enough to stand up for what I believe now.

P.P.S. I will always prefer Twitter over Facebook because Facebook just proves how many idiots there are in existence.

No comments: