Monday, April 02, 2012

Montage de Vita.

Was going to post about Open House 2012 on Saturday but didn't because I KO-ed right after I got back and slept the whole afternoon, woke up with a fever, then slept again throughout Sunday morning. My weekends seem to be especially booked for falling sick nowadays.

I owe it to Open House exhaustion. Double-shifted, so walked around from like eight in the morning taking footage of people interacting with each other and trying to sell our school, then lunched a while, then spent the next three and a half hours at the Bio booth talking about our preserved specimens to visitors. I didn't know I knew that much about sharks, stingrays, butterflyfish and flatfish. Actually, I don't. It's just funny how much I'm able to make it seem like I know to other people by sounding so enthusiastic and sure of myself.

It's funny when everyone works together to try and sell our school, even though it seems like we complain endlessly about how much work we have and how we wish we could take it easy. We're all secretly proud of where we are now.


Spent all Sunday sleeping and finalising slides for our Mol Gen presentation today (grouped with Jia Hong, Zifang and Kesh), which went quite well, I think. Dr Tang is really nice.

Now I've got a pile of work to do and it sucks, because you can't really do work when you're sick. It's horrible.


Had a ridiculously long assembly today, because our school decided to hand out all the medals to all the Olympiad medal winners in one morning. Good stuff, but it totally lowered the self-esteem of non-winners/participants. It's like, what are we doing with our lives? Such overachievers make us lose purpose in life. Makes me feel like I want to spend the rest of my life resigned to mediocrity.

Nobody believed me when I said the synthetic chem lab smelled of pears, and that made me sad. Prac was fine, but in the end my nose got attacked by the fumes of concentrated aromatics, and it was a terrible experience. Chem test results were horrible, too. I will own the exam though. Mark my words.


Had some Japanese drumming thing during our afternoon assembly slot, which was interesting because it made me feel as if we were going to war. I could run 2.4 to that beat, actually. It's like it makes the blood course through my veins with more conviction.


I realise our third English summative is tomorrow. I make no attempt to study, because I'm going to do the general questions anyway. I think I'll look up Confucius quotes later, because I firmly believe that quoting Confucius in any way automatically brings your grade up a notch or two.


Went to our annual school orchestra concert just now, and it was awesome. Good performances, then lucky draw afterwards. Epic stuff. And the lucky draw was totally a conspiracy, 'cause like half the people who won were MAs or members of the orchestra (just kidding). Could've won, but didn't. Oh well.


Okay, going off now.

Night.


No comments: