Friday, October 05, 2012

Transience.

Hello, these are words. Have these words, they are my gift to you. 

(You may thank me later, you're welcome.) 

So we're a week into our exams (well not really a week, but we've reached the first weekend of this long week of studying and writing and wanting to die), and this is like a lull before the real danger comes. You know, the eye of the storm. 

Five papers down, two more to go. 

The essay component of the English paper was quite fun, actually. But then again I like writing essays when I stop caring about what the teachers might think and actually get around to arguing about things the way I want to. 'There has never been a better time to be a woman," or something, was the question I did. Yeah, I think it's a great time to be a woman. In fact, it's a great time to be alive; we're more hygienic now. How much I bullsh*tted: 6.5 (because I put some effort into making sense).

The comprehension part was hell, and half the time I was writing like I was drunk/high/not in the right state of mind. So basically I don't think I made sense at all. Argue in context of Singapore? I hardly know anything. Hm maybe it is quite shameful to have been living here for almost four years and yet not give a crap about its politics or events or anything, but I really don't. How much I bullsh*tted: 10.2

Ecology wasn't too bad. It's like Stats and English in disguise. They give you graphs and articles and ask you to interpret things. Could do better, but the questions were just really dumb (for lack of a better word). How much I bullsh*tted: 8.

Stats was okay, too. The first three questions were really demoralising, but after the initial fifteen minutes' worth of panicking and staring at your question paper you flip to the next page and realise the questions get progressively easier. Hopefully the front doesn't compromise the back too much. How much I bullsh*tted: 3.

Inorganic was terrible. Didn't really know what I was saying half the time, and spent most of my time being miserably confused and wishing I could drop Chem. Probably will pass, but not very well. How much I bullsh*tted: 5

Today's Biochem paper was quite bad too, but much, much better than that hell of a Molecular Genetics paper we took last sem (the average score for that paper was below passing). Quite okay, but wrote a tonne of rubbish just so it wouldn't seem like I just gave up and left blanks. How much I bullsh*tted: 9.9

Have Chem Hons and Physics left.

I do not fight a losing battle. 


Last night had a last dinner session with Woan Chyi last night because she's moving out to stay with Jehon for a while.. Was in a rush because she had to go out, and I had to squeeze out every minute to study Biochem. 

Now that I've let it sink it, I feel kind of sad. Four years of having hostel dinner together and suddenly it's the last night. Like whoa. And when you come to think of it, it'll be so much worse when we leave this country for good. You spend so much time wishing it was over and that you could go home, and then you realise at some point into it you've stopped wishing for it to be over. So bittersweet. 

Everything's so transient. Why are we here, being so worked up about school for a chance (just a chance) of living a comfortable future? We're young, and we're going to waste it all on worrying about how we're going to do when we're too old to enjoy this freedom. So we should all go out and do crazy stuff once in a while, as long as it's not murder or drugs or unwanted-baby making. 

Okay, off now. 


P.S. Here is a playlist of Tioman videos, because memories are awesome and we're awesome and generally the trip was awesome.

No comments: