Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Inheritance.

All right, I'm done with the Inheritance Cycle. It's not as huge an achievement as, let's say, writing it, but I feel that I deserve the right to talk about being done with reading it.

So yeah, spent a ridiculously long time on it.

The first two books were as good as I remember, and then things got all touch-feely by Brisingr, and then Inheritance.

Yeah, it was quite consistent and I liked it, but somehow I like all the other characters more than I like Eragon. I love Roran and Nasuada, but whenever we come back to Eragon, I kind of involuntarily inwardly groan. Perhaps it's just that I don't like him talking about his feelings all the time. I'm unsure. It's good for a main character to have flaws, but sometimes Eragon has complete control of himself and makes great decisions, and the next moment he does some stupid thing.

I figure it must've been really hard for Christopher Paolini to end the book, and he did quite a decent job of it. I wish (spoiler alert) Murtagh stayed with Nasuada and Orrin didn't turn into quite the asshole, but there's nothing I can do about it because that's how the story goes, and no matter how I complain, things won't change.

Overall though, it was a really good experience (apart from realising the author's increasing lameness in his sense of humour).


Also, started driving and broke my glasses (although not at the same time).

Oh heck. I will drive like a boss. I'm only human. And I can keep telling myself that. I will be awesome.

Night.


P.S. Forgot to mention I saw 'Puss in Boots' on Sunday, and it was fun. Egg totally weirded me out throughout the movie, but Antonio Banderas' voice as Puss is so incredibly brilliant. And loved the soundtrack, too. Hooray for children's movies.

No comments: