Sunday, December 11, 2011

Immersion.

Oh goodness, hello there. It's been such a long time since I've spent such a significantly long time on the Internet (mostly I do short Twitter updates and Facebook notification checks, but it's still enough to prove how much my life is dictated by social networking sites).

I've been lounging around here and there, occasionally heading out for food and meeting relatives and stuff.

Watched 'Fellowship of the Ring' once with my younger cousins, but they didn't seem to get it and I was disappointed. I love the movie trilogy to bits (and I can't seem to say this enough) because it's a reasonable and wonderfully made portrayal of the book, and I don't understand how anyone would be able to not like it.

Some people think it's bad to be this into "unrealistic events" and worlds totally unlike our own, but in it I find a sense of comfort because there's still a place you can escape to while our world is in turmoil; albeit within the confines of our imagination. But what we believe in shapes us, and that's interesting to take note of.


And as I make my way through the Inheritance cycle (and yeah I admit I've been going at it for almost two weeks now), I find myself admiring Christopher Paolini's guts for plunging himself so deeply into Alagaësia in order to describe things with such detail and precision at such a young age. Sometimes I think it's dangerous to immerse yourself in such a way that it becomes hard to carry on without it when you're finally finished with your piece of work. Maybe that's why Tolkien wrote so many stories concerning Middle Earth; he stumbled upon something so brilliant he couldn't let go.


I'm out of date with Glee and The Big Bang Theory, although I've had no choice but to watch How I Met Your Mother for fear of spoilers Woan Chyi might shove at me.

Will go and update myself soon.

Night.


P.S. I passed my highway code test, which means I can physically start driving. Oh no.


No comments: