Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Viking Trilogy.

One day somebody will figure out a way to simultaneously trim their fingernails, change the batteries of an electronic dictionary and type meaningless sentences on a computer.
I don't want to get caught with this little "masalah disiplin" during a spot check or anything, and I want to get this stuff finished so I have time to study later. I doubt it though.

It's the night I know as the "night-leaving-less-than-four-days-till-CNY-and-I-don't-know-what-to-wear" night. At least I've picked out something I can wear. I think. I hope.

*ten minutes later*

Well, the battery-changing's done. That sure took a while. Man, I'm so hopeless at these things. 

I visited The 11th Asian Cartoon exhibition this morning at the Brunei Museum. It was absolutely brilliant. I'm awfully proud of Brunei's Rahim/Rhyme (the guy who does the Borneo Bullseyes and Cuboi, in case ya didn't know). To me, just to be drawing cartoons as well as the top guys in Asia is simply amazing. I can't draw for peanuts, so yeah. 

My next favourite was Indonesia's cartoonist. I can't remember his name though. Nonetheless, his drawings sure were funny. 

I suggest you go visit before it closes on the fifth of February. It's a showcase of not only artistic talent, but also the ability to take current happenings and convey them into a single picture with both a message to spread to the people, and a sense of humour. I loves eet.

I believe all things happen for a reason; there is no such thing as an accident, even if it wasn't done on purpose. Sometimes you just have to accept it, and be optimistic about it. 
Though when being optimistic, I advise you not to be as "look-at-the-bright-side" as Phil of (not the future) A Series Of Unfortunate Events. On second thoughts...maybe it could come in handy once in a while. 

Some other people, on the other hand, tend to dislike optimists. These people are called pessimists and are completely jealous of the optimist's ability to hope for a brighter future. I like to drown out my pessimist side with lots and lots of water, even when I don't know how that helps.

Oh, and one other announcement before I go. I've finished reading my Viking book after weeks of toiling (not exactly, just didn't have free time). It was...the most well planned book ever. Kudos, Tim Severin. Long live the story of Thorgils Leifsson and the Elder Ways. 

No comments: