Friday, February 01, 2008

"Love is the red the rose on your coffin door," -MCR

I woke up this morning and realised it's February already. 

Time flies. Faster than my alarm clock will drop if I throw it out of my window. I dislike it when it does that, but it does help ease the pain. Just felt like saying that. No pain here. I think.

Being the first of February (or should I say Ferb-ruary) means a lot of things have taken a few steps closer. Like F1, for instance, or PMB. Even closer, Topical Test 1... Even even closer, though, is Chinese New Year! Ka-ching ka-ching, people.

You want to know how my dad motivates me to study?
He looks at me and says, "You, on the other hand, will completely fail your exams, get kicked out of school, hang around, leech off your parents and end up picking up rubbish in fast food restaurants for the rest of your days while you watch everyone else thrive in life. And all your cousins will look at you and say, "Yawen? Is that you? What are you doing here?" And you'll be too embarrassed to admit you're a failure."

I'm not one to care a lot about achieving. I'm just...afraid not achieving what everyone else expects me to. It sucks to be me sometimes. I wish I had a less complicated life.

You know, a life where I don't have to depend on drugs, a life where I don't have to be plagued with strange ailments, a life where I can sleep through the night without waking up, a life without constantly making typos. That would be nice, for a change.
But I guess it would be boring if it were that simple. Maybe it's okay just the way it is now, huh?

I want to study. Yeah, so there, yeah, I said it. I want to study, but I can't. I can't concentrate. 
I want to practice my fourteen pages of musical notes, but it takes more than ten minutes to do a single round. 

My New Year's resolutions aren't going so well. 

I need more sleep.

No comments: