Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fortunate.

Before I say anything further, I need to post a link to this video. Totally made my day. I don't know why, but it totally made me crack up.

Anyway, just got back from this production of Ali Baba by little JIS kids and it was so cute. Let me repeat: so cute.

These kids probably don't realise it, but they're super lucky kids. Comfortable and probably richer than you and I, attending school where it's all fun and games, not knowing what keeping up with hellish deadlines is like. Lucky kids.

And they're so happy, too. So immersed in the arts and sports and hardly any of them are shy.

Lucky, lucky kids.

And they get to stay in this school until they take their A levels, which is a really long time if you've been in it since you were still in diapers. That's insane, man.

Okay, momentary envy of innocent little children over.

Almost done reading Eragon, and will move onto Eldest as soon as I read up on road signs and stuff because I have a driving law test to take tomorrow. Honestly, it can't really be called "driving law" because there's hardly any law in it. It should be renamed "road signs and common sense", because that's what it is. Road signs and common sense. I just hope I'll have plenty of common sense for use tomorrow morning or else I'm doomed and I'll dishonour my family if I fail and they'll have to bring me out back and put me down. Oh the pressure.

And if I do pass, the real hard stuff comes when we actually have to take to an actual road in an actual car doing actual driving things. Oh lord help me.

Fingers crossed I pass.

Adieu.


P.S. Oh, and Kimi's coming back to F1 with Renault. I'm 90% really jump-for-joy happy because I get to see his name in the rankings again, but then 10% of me is super scared he'll botch it up. I hope not.

P.P.S. One day I will grab a pen and add an 'n' to the end of every "yawë" I see in the Inheritance books.

No comments: