Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Proceeding.

Hooray, it seems to me that my tagboard is slowly coming back to life. Nice.

Haven't posted for a week because I fell sick. Yeah, there's no elegant way to put this.

Had our Chem test on Thursday, so spent most of the day just studying and praying hard we wouldn't screw it up (Debb and I in particular, because we've been doing disappointingly bad in almost everything lately). Hopefully it'll turn out quite well. Throat was kind of scratchy so I slept early, then woke up the next day with my voice gone and a fever.

In the end I had to leave school because it got progressively worse (thanks Pin for talking to the lady at the general office for me, the lady who laughed when she found out I lost my voice), and slept all the way into the afternoon. Then I made Fatinn go to the clinic with me. Because one feels less miserable with company, and I needed someone to talk for me.

Anyway, my weekend was basically sleeping, feeling better, feeling guilty for not doing work, worrying, feeling terrible, sleeping, shivering, sweating, sleeping, staring blankly at things, etc. Fun. Thank God I have quite very much recovered now.

Punitha fell sick on Monday and Deborah's sick now, so something's definitely up. I blame the weather and the stress, really. Horribly humid and sticky and hot and unhappy and generally uncomfortable. Honestly. What is this. It's race weekend, too, and I don't know how the drivers and pit crew are going to like this kind of weather.

Been extremely busy, what with our Biochem presentation and lab report due on Monday (which we pulled off quite nicely with zero help from me whatsoever, being completely out of action for the weekend), last article review for English due on Tuesday and our Math GCT on Tuesday too. Then spent last night studying for today's Chem hons quiz (thankfully managed it quite well, so I'm hoping to end this failing streak).

PA system failed today, so we had to shuffle back to class to listen to someone recite the pledge over the PA system. Chem practical-ed, where Jia Hong and I promptly screwed up because we forgot the fixative spray. Then had Math, where Mr Lin finished off the last chapter of the module (yay).

Played pool, then went for council election voting. Will not say much because I didn't really-

ACE was nothing, and no other classes were doing that role play thing on integrity so Ms Dass just sat with us and drank her coffee while we talked. Yay class-mentor bonding.


Went out with the class (less than half the class, actually) for dinner after the Chem hons quiz. Ate at the hawker centre opposite WCP. Om nom. Beats hostel dinner any day, man.


Anyway, it's less than an hour till they reveal the new The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey trailer in lieu of Hobbit Day (Tolkien Week, which interestingly coincides with International Book Week. I shall look into this). Excited. I realise our job as fans is to wait patiently, only to embarrassingly lose our cool when things start to happen.

Shall go and shower and then come back, watch the trailer a hundred times, then study for tomorrow's Chem quiz.

Night.

No comments: