Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Singapore 2012

Is it weird that I've got 'Singapore 2012' as the title of this post? Not really. Race posts will be race posts. 

Race happened on Sunday, and more people than usual were hyped up about the race. It's strange how people suddenly become great fans of F1 and then never follow any other race. Like dude, just go all way man. F1 fan or nothing. 

Amid all the driver-team politics and contract-signing for next year and the terrible weather, the race went down really well. Best Singapore GP so far. Either that or I was just feeling glad I could watch a race on television after so long. Thank you Channel 5. 

Was in the new 7th floor TV room with Rania for the race itself (caught qualifying alone the night before, surprisingly with one of the Chinese scholars who I didn't think would be into cars going round and round a race track). Nice to have someone to talk to. Hopefully we'll be able to physically be at the race next year. Fingers crossed. 

So about the race, Alonso started 5th and Massa down in 13th. Red lights went off, and the first corner and second corners were a mess, and then Massa had a puncture and had to pit. He ended up last and we were sad, but he made an immense catching-up effort and finished 8th. Ferrari said today that they're signing him on for another year, for which I'm quite glad. I like him at Ferrari. Joshua Sia says the car's not fast enough for him (Alonso can make it because he's a crazy talented and dedicated driver) but I think it's good for him to stay in a team that he's comfortable with and that supports him all the way right when he needs their support. He's slowly coming back after that hell of an accident two years ago. 

Hamilton started on pole and led for a while, until his gearbox sort of blew up and he had to retire. Rania was practically dancing with joy. Too good to be true, really. I mean, I felt quite bad for the poor guy, but anything that helps Alonso with the Championship is good for me. Plenty of other retirements, too. Schumacher (after running into Vergne), Vergne, both HRTs, both Williams and Petrov. Button almost took out Vettel during the safety car restart (which would have been great for Alonso, but I feel mean saying that). 

Vettel ended up winning, and Button second. Di Resta ended up fourth, best result ever for him (and the team I think, not sure). Vettel is super cute. Finger waving and his LED-ed helmet. How can anybody hate him? 

Kimi was sixth, in front of Grosjean, because team orders are allowed now and they told Grosjean that Kimi was faster than him. Lotus has one of the better cars. 


So like, that's it. Singapore's signed another five-year contract so there will be a next year. 

Had a Chem quiz on Monday, and no Biochem. 

Math test today, and English. I don't like English. I like the lessons, hate the assessment. Why is it not good enough that I speak English and people understand me? 

Bunch of work to finish up before this week ends, because exams start next week. 

Oh God oh God oh God. 

So hard not to panic.

No comments: