Tuesday, November 20, 2012

And on and on and on and on.

Hello darlings, I have dug up my first sort of vlog ever, and I am not embarrassed to share it with you because I'm not in it and nobody will understand a thing. Here.

I'm back in Brunei now, which means a huge mess of doing ARP and balancing work while doing all the things people do when they return to their home country after a few months. Catch up with friends, meet up with family members, learn how to drive, go swimming, read five thousand books Et cetera. 

What's happened in a fortnight? Finished reading 'A Clash of Kings' and 'A Storm of Swords Part 1' and (only a few hours ago) Deadpool Pulp, which was a birthday present from Wee Thean. If I liked Deadpool before, now I feel like I know him so much better now, and I admire him for the depth his character has and his capability to feel real feelings other than "crazy". 

Went out plenty of times. Will talk about the Coldplay Live movie when I actually edit the vlog, so those two can go hand in hand. Went to visit Ms Kong in the hospital because she's delivered her twins (Ruvee and Reuel, so glad I know how to spell their names). Performed for some ASEAN Gala Night thing, where some of us danced and some of us sang 'Ujan Barai-Barai', so there were plenty of practice sessions and Bruneian hanging out. 

I'm glad for Bruneian hanging out sessions, because the seniors are finally graduating and I felt really sad. Maybe I will dedicate my next post to this leaving of people whom we care about and the moving out of Year 5s. But it will be a really sad and heartbreaking post and I like to avoid those feelings. 


Got our progress reports back, and was glad to say I did so much better than expected. By several miracles, I didn't flunk Chem hons and managed to A- my English. Like whoa, whoa. Thank God. I'm crazy thankful, because next time I won't be so lucky. 

Last day of school, so we pulled an all-nighter. Me, Debb, Jaz and Nicole didn't sleep at all on Thursday night, and Amelia and Shi Ni slept like an hour each. It's like the night just flashed by. Watched 'Johnny English', then talked for a while, then watched 'BadLipSyncing' videos on Youtube, then God knows what happened, then went up to 6B to bargain for milk (they didn't sleep either), then cooked breakfast, then ate, then went to school. Crazy stuff. 

Then went out for lunch with 405. Was going to go to Seoul Garden but had to change plans because there was a surprisingly large turnout (like 16 of us, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misses 405 like mad sometimes). Went to some Japanese place. I miss us, really. Especially the eight of us who sat in the front left corner of class. Me, Kian Wee, Glenn, Myat, Shuen, Bryan, Zheng Wei and Yos. We were like the crazy side of class who never slept no matter how crazy awful boring class got, and no matter if it was the last lesson of a long day and everyone was actually really tired. Good times. 


Took a flight back yesterday, and arrived so crazy exhausted (a summation of the sleep-deprivation of the weekend) I couldn't bear to wake up at three in the morning to catch the Austin GP. So I avoided the Internet like the plague for a day and then watched the replay on television (because I have television access now, hooray). 

I'm so glad I waited, because the surprise was a good one. Hamilton won the race and for once I can say I'm really glad that happened. Vettel second and Alonso in third, which was really good news for the Championship. Massa fourth, even after some crazy Ferrari tactical magic where they changed his gearbox and he dropped five places on the grid so Alonso could start on seventh and on the clean side of the track instead. I salute both him and the team. He's such a team player, I love Felipe Massa. 

Okay, going off now. I have a life to dictate and get back to. 

Night. 


P.S. Aisyah's birthday vlog is like three weeks late. Whoops. Still editing because I procrastinate and I was caught up with other projects.

No comments: