Friday, June 08, 2012

EDHETLS

Went out to watch 'Prometheus' today, but hardly any comment, because I think I spent an honest eighth of the movie covering my eyes and cowering behind my hands, because I am totally useless and like to shield my poor, delicate mind from disgusting scenes of death and blood and gore.

I mean yeah, it was obvious it was going to be one of those "everyone-dies-horrifically-except-this-lone-survivor" movies (whoops did I spoil it for you? I am so sorry you weren't able to deduce that on your own), but man my dad likes these movies so we went anyway. I thought I'd like, toughened up, but apparently not. Hey, EDHETLS should totally be a movie genre all on its own.

Ugh.

No comment. I don't particularly enjoy this genre. Thought Michael Fassbender performed brilliantly though.


Then watched 'The Incredible Hulk' (because yes I am slow on the uptake and I'm educating my family on the Marvel cinematic universe). Quite awesome, yes. And all those small references to everything else in the universe were like little treats for rabid fans. Not that I'm a rabid fan, of course, but man I totally enjoyed those references.


Went to Miri a few days ago, and bought books, glorious books. Rick Riordan books (Son of Neptune included, thank goodness), and a copy of 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter'. It sucks that I'm only getting my hands on this now right before they're releasing a movie based on it, because it's so much harder to find a copy with the original cover. Had to settle with the movie-promo edition, which I do not approve of.


Okay, going off now.

Adieu.


P.S. Oh, and I believe this is a cause worth raising awareness for. Vertical Video Syndrome is such a sin.

P.P.S. Why are there so many cases of cannibalism popping up lately? It's really getting out of hand. Zombie outbreak totally imminent at this point. Need to start training physical fitness and general survival skills.

No comments: