Sunday, June 26, 2011

Valencia 2011

I think I might've just followed (not watched, because I can't do that without television access) the most uneventful F1 race in a long, long time.

According to Twitter, it was the fourth race in F1 history to finish without any retirements (or third, I don't know how reliable my sources are), and with the greatest number of finishers (24) ever. It's really, really epic, and great news for all the teams, but everyone else were all leaning their heads on their hands and waiting for something to happen (which didn't, evidently).

GrandPrixDiary has made all sorts of comments about the ridiculous uneventfulness of the race on Twitter, which never fail to entertain me.

And yes, best results Ferrari's had all season, with Alonso in P2 and Massa in P5 after Vettel, the forever-number-one boy. Congratulations to Red Bull for getting both drivers on the podium (again), with Webber in third. Then came Hamilton, who kinda got lucky, in my opinion, and tamely didn't crash into anyone or commit any other obnoxious act the stewards might've looked into.

Honestly, it was an absurdly uneventful race. It's times like these when I don't have to feel bad about being unable to watch the race live on television, 'cause no action means nothing missed out on.

Wow, that was really sadistic of me.


Anyway, been biding my time ever since I got back, watching YouTube videos and checking out the other members of YTF and not doing those English articles that I promised myself I'd do. Whoops.

School starts tomorrow, and hopefully we all survive the first day without dying or anything. Oh yeah, go us. Totally. Now all I have to do is iron my uniform and throw a few things into my schoolbag and then settle for some mental preparation by repeating the words "I'll survive" a hundred times.

Go me.


P.S. I love Twitter because I get to follow F1 people. It's an awesome community.

P.P.S. Things will be back to normal tomorrow, and part of me is thankful to be out of this idleness.

No comments: