Thursday, June 30, 2011

Non-passive.

The goal has been to sleep earlier so as to not wake up to find myself simply dying when morning comes.

I love how we're so versatile. Some of us may dread change, and some of us may crave it and grow unsettled after a period of monotony, but there's no denying the fact that we simply wouldn't be able to advance without change, and we're so good at adapting to it, it doesn't take long before whatever's new is accepted as the norm.

So yeah, that's how it is with school and holidays. Adjusting to not being home and sleeping in air-conditioned rooms and eating good food. But busy-ness (with procrastinating and being frustrated at not being as productive as I would like to be) is helping me ignore that and the weather's been really kind today with all the raining and the windiness and the relatively low temperatures. Oh absolutely loving it.

Height and weight check during PE today was a total wake up call 'cause yes I have to shed those extra pounds and there's no reason to put off doing that. Where's my resolve? I've been so stupid for taking my long-ago TKD training for granted. Complete idiocy right there.

Spent Malay coming up with questions to quiz the other group. I don't know whether it's more funny or racist that we purposely split into groups according to race, with Faiz, Aisyah and Insan being in one group while Kevin, Yos and I are in the other. Yeah, Malays versus Chinese. It's on, all right. Nothing like a bit of competition to get the drive going.

Doing urban geography this sem for Geog, and I have to admit I'm feeling rather eager. City planning and buildings and layouts. Awesome stuff.

Math, oh Math. That's all I have to say.

Cell Bio was surprisingly okay, considering it started at four in the afternoon and we were all tired as heck. Ms Huang made conscious efforts at preventing us from falling asleep, which was nice of her.

All right, sleep here I come.

Night.


P.S. I still refer to 'Roxanne' by The Police as "the prostitute song", because it's true. Love that song.

P.P.S. And 'Every Breath You Take' will always be "the stalker song", because the lyrics are just plain creepy no matter how sweet you think it is.

No comments: