Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chap Goh Meh.

It's official. Faiza and I are addicted to ping-pong.

I'm trying to decide whether to type about yesterday first, or today. Oh well, we all know yesterday happened first. Chronological order, people.

I had a major "argument" with Neko yesterday. As Maz was telling the rest of the gang this morning. I have this feeling everyone in the canteen heard us yell at each other. I won't go into too much detail, but it concerned the competition choir and stuff. She met Mr Meer today and told him she wasn't joining due to several reasons I cannot disclose in here blog post. And guess what? He was okay with it. See? He can be reasonable sometimes.
Stress, man. Stress. Also, I broke my previous record. Surviving 19 hours on a cup of milo, water and a few sunflower seeds. My mum will so kill me if she knew. Note: I am not anorexic.

Then last night, Sarah joined our training. Kwang jang nim's four-year old. CUTE! All the little boys were surrounding her and pinching her cheeks. Haha. Yes boys, we know she's pretty. Half-Korean half-Malay.

After training (where everyone was distracted by Izzah's niece aka Sarah, even sa bum nim), I crammed the remaining pages of History into my head. I crammed in the bus too. Last-minute studying isn't healthy, you know. 
So the test? It was...meh. 
One more to go. Science. 

We got our cross-country circulars today. I still don't know what house I'm in, Hulubalang or Laksamana. Syaz got back in Pahlawan (her name was on the list) but Neko's in Panglima this year. Severe confusion I am experiencing.

Now back to ping-pong. Like cat burglars in training, we climbed in through the window as somebody had lost the keys to the doors. Into where? Some place in the Asrama Puteri, with a mysterious white stain on its greenish carpet and where we noticed a monitor lizard outside in the grass. It was awesome. 

Wani was depressed during break. Seems like this other Wani in her class is getting better marks than she is (class reshuffle, remember?) and she can't cope with losing. That's life. You don't try, you don't get. If you still don't get, try harder. 

Ten ways to improve your grades. (since people keep asking me)

1. Don't think you can study everything and remember everything a day before the exam. (like I do)
2. Don't insult your teachers behind their backs (like I sometimes do). It'll come back to you.
3. Don't fall asleep in class (like I do). It'll help to remember a few things your teacher conveniently mentioned when you're facing one of those questions whose answers aren't in the books.
4. Do finish your homework on time. It's extremely annoying when you want to last-minute study and make use of all the time you have left, and then realise you have a pile of Geo homework to do.
5. Suck up to your teacher. (This is an extremely disgusting and sad thing to do. On second thoughts, don't do it. Some people do, though).
6. Bribe your teacher. (Now this is more like me, but I got no money to spare and there's no way I'm wasting my cash on them.)
7. Drug your teacher, steal the test papers and "correct" your mistakes. (You know I'm joking, right?)
8. Kidnap the teacher who's setting the paper.
9. "Accidentally" recycle your papers by mistake. (It's for a good cause, right?)
10. Set your teacher's desk on fire. (Whoops, dropped the match. Sorry 'cher. I didn't know the Labo Gas I was trying to light was in the Lab, and not in the staffroom.)

Small print: This may not work. Should you,under any circumstance, feel the need to obtain high marks, the traditional way of advanced studying is always most recommended. Should you, under any circumstance, feel the need to sue me for my ridiculous ramblings, please, call my lawyer at 2226111. Should you, under any circumstance, realise that I just gave you Pizza Hut's number, please, don't sue me. 

Good luck.

No comments: