Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Cupcakes.

Whoa spent yesterday just milling around the Internet, on Tumblr and playing Tetris, and on After Effects trying to animate some things. I'm at 17 seconds, and Ash thinks it's quite cool (I'm not sure if my friends are just being nice or genuinely think I'm doing an okay job) so I can safely say I'm on the right track, albeit too slowly.


Anyway, today was a bit more eventful, although less productive. I'm not sure now what this means, because it looks like I'm implying that being productive is boring. Hm.

Woke up at eight-ish, then headed over to Sengkang MRT to meet up with the rest of the people from our cluster for our cluster outing. Made cupcakes, which was quite fun, considering how girly the activity was. Man, cupcakes.

The lady teaching us was super nice, and she let us make a few batches and drink her red wine (actually it was to be mixed into one of the cupcake mixtures, but you couldn't really taste the wine in the product).

And then there was the icing and decorating with cream and chocolate chips and those little sugary beads (I'm not sure what they're called; I'll get back to you on that) and packing our cupcakes into containers to bring them back home. If you can call this home.

Right now I'm really grateful Ms Kong is our cluster mentor, because she's fun and we're all about fun.

Had lunch at Compass Point afterwards. Wanted to go for this Swensens deal, but most of us didn't want to wait half an hour to be seated when we were already that hungry, so settled for KFC instead. They were giving out Avengers toys with meals and stuff, but didn't bother because today's model was the Hulk (no offence Dr Banner). I think if it were Tony I'd have paid.

Got new batteries for my watch after lunch, then spent another hour travelling back with Nicole.

But yeah, half day well spent.

Came back past four, but then had to go down to meet Ash 'cause he's going to NS tomorrow and I need his project files (which I can't open) if they need to make any adjustments. Ah, deadline-meeting and nitpicking of already finished projects. No words to express the frustration I expect to experience in the near future.

I don't see how they're able to nitpick, or even have the heart to, when Ash does such amazing work.

It's funny because two years from now when SIMC 2014 comes about, I'll have graduated and left this country and there is no way Ash would come back to help them, so whoever's doing the job instead of us is going to have such a hard time topping our work (because you know, when you do something you always need to top your predecessors) if the school doesn't hire external help.

Hah I just blew my own trumpet. Whoops.

Back to work.


P.S. Yes, I secretly like our hostel's "wannabe pizzas". They're like biscuits, but with toppings.

P.P.S. After like, months, here's a vlog. Which awesomely enough has managed to obtain 110 views already. I swear if enough people find this entertaining one day I'll quit my job (or whatever) and do this thing full time. It's something I know I'm not bad at. Unlike the stuff I'm doing at school, or the stuff I will do in university. Man.


No comments: