Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Lost Hero.

Yeahp, just finished reading the first book of 'Heroes of Olympus', the follow-up series to the 'Percy Jackson' books by Rick Riordan. Now I'm suffering a huge craving for the second book. Ah, cravings.

Should have gotten the second one right away, but I have a strict policy of buying them one at a time, so I don't overspend and don't waste too much time reading when I have other things to do.

Actually, I've accomplished many things in the many days I haven't blogged.

In no order of merit, I have:

- Survived SIMC week, produced an acceptable ending animation that made me proud even though it isn't half as good as the one Ash made for the opening. I was proud 'cause people clapped along to the music and then random people came up to thank me during the farewell dinner. Also, very proud of Media members for taking on their duties so, um, dutifully (for lack of a better word). I love them all. Felt quite empty once it was over, because I spent two months working on the project on and off, and spent so many sleepless nights working and worrying, but now I'm feeling much better.

- Finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. Credits to Nikki for passing me the files. Goodness, there's so much goodness in that series. It's rare to come by cartoons that show so much deepness and meaning and excellence. I loved it when I was younger and now I love it again. Shall watch Korra when the time is right.

- Gone for our class chalet (which happened like, weeks ago). I have a vlog about it, but it wasn't really good and nobody really likes it so oh well. But it was a fun two days, if not creepy. Shopped for food and barbecued and ate and ate and played Mahjong (well not me, because I was working on that video for SIMC) and stayed up super late (I watched the sun rise before I went to sleep). Then spent the second day lazing around and then hanging around some beach. Tiring, but satisfying. I do like my class, but sometimes I miss 405.

- Kbox-ed with Wai Yin, Ivy, Zhen Jie, Wei Ren and Nikki. I love karaoke. It's totally excusable to sing badly and stuff and it's like one of the great joys in life because everyone's doing it with you. Yeahey.

- Visited OCS (Officer Cadet School) for one of our post-exam activities. Quite fun. Shot blanks with guns, played around with camouflage paint, and ate army food. I think the school is really working on preparing the guys for NS in two years, but I have a feeling you'll never know what it's like until you're really there.

- Finished article reviews for English which I am not proud of. Probably wrote terribly and am going to fail this module, but at least I met the deadline, right?


Okay, that's pretty much it. Major events of the past few weeks.

Going to bed now.

Night.


P.S. Oh, and I also caught a flight back. Not very comfortable, considering it was delayed by a total of an hour and I waited twenty minutes for my luggage. Sigh, travelling.

No comments: