Monday, May 14, 2012

De Catalunya 2012.

This is long overdue, but I want to have a post with every race of the season as a title.

Finally got to watch the race (in live action) because we were at our class chalet. So it was Pin and I and (surprisingly) Jia Hong, and we were crowding around my laptop catching the action.

And my goodness, I'm so thankful it was this race we were able to watch, because there was so much good racing going on.

Pastor aka 'Pasta' Maldonado won the race after starting on pole (because Hamilton got penalised for not having enough fuel to make it back to the pits during his stint in qualifying). Good start, because Alonso took over the lead, but in the end after pitting and racing and such, Maldonado ending up winning for Williams.

It's insane because five different race winners have won in five races. I really hope it carries on this way. Five different teams, too.

So yeah, results. Maldonado, Alonso, followed by a Lotus three-four. At this consistency I think Lotus might even win the Constructor's Championship, 'cause everyone else has been a bit messed up lately. Lotus was hashtagging all their tweets with #catchthebull, so I guess it's not so subtle.

Now Alonso's tied with Vettel ahead of the standings, and Kimi is fourth. Alonso or Kimi, that's who I hope to win this season.


Ah I don't really remember the details of the race now, and I stopped by to update this blog because it was quite on its deathbed.

All I can recall is the Schumi-Bruno Senna crash, and that Vettel and Massa both got drive-through penalties. Tsk disappointing stuff.


But yeah, still so grateful I got to watch the race, and I'll be watching the next one too 'cause I'll be home by then.

Nice.



No comments: