Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gay penguins.

Ow. 

Thumb and forefinger ache. They were all red and swollen around noon and still hurt now.

I changed my strings today, and since I haven't used that particular guitar for at least a few months, the tuning mechanisms have gotten all squeaky and clogged up. Owww. 

But now I've got nice new silver strings (nylon) complete with the composite third (I won't say 'G') string, just like the set in my Alhambra. Good tone, good tone.

Baoxin's going to Singapore tomorrow, apparently. Ah, Singapore, holiday destination for Bruneians during school holidays. 
I beg to differ. Ah, Brunei, holiday destination for me and the other NUSH Bruneians during school holidays

Though I think Brunei gets kind of monotonous after a while. Though I've been going out with different people, we always only go to one place. The Mall. God, how sad can it get? We need more lepak-ing destinations, man. I could drown in a sea of emo-wannabes there. 

Come to think of it, that's kinda cool. New way to die? "Death by poklenzzz".


My dad made me drink wine today. Bleh. Bitter. Sweet. Bittersweet-ly strong burn-y not nice though strangely addictive. 
My great-grandmother (who makes me think of Cikgu Isa) and great-uncle and family came over for dinner, all speaking Hakka with my grandma. Strange dialects. Recalling old stories of old people doing strange eccentric things in the 60s. 

Things some people remember. I wonder what I'll remember forty years from now. Probably not much. My great-grandmother's forgotten when her father died (she claimed to remember some Japanese from WWII but she spoke in German instead. Amazing). My grandma still remembers, and she thinks it's funny that her mother's forgotten. I find it scary. 

 

On an entirely different tone, heard about those gay penguins? They're cool, man.

Imma go to bed now.

Adieu.

No comments: