Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nuptials.

Just got back from Kuching, and I think I might've forgotten how to write blog posts.

Anyway, we'll worry about that later.

My dad's cousin got married, so congratulations to the happy couple. Weddings are nice things to attend, because they give you this pleasantly warm, fuzzy feeling inside and you get to meet relatives you haven't seen in like, forever.

Apart from the nuptials, nothing else monumental happened, except maybe me wearing a dress.

It's weird, because when I wear girly clothing it always makes me feel as if I'm cross-dressing, even though I'm obviously not. I just can't do it. High heels make me want to trip over, and it feels awkward not wearing pants.

Internet connection here is lagging and it's driving me nuts because I'm impatient, and that I haven't been on the internet for three days and I didn't think I could've survived that long without it.

And since books in Malaysia are relatively cheaper, I managed get myself a copy of 'The Other Lands' by David Anthony Durham (which I've been wanting ever since the first 'Acacia' book), and 'Little Vampire Women', which is obviously another parody book.

Is it bad that I don't respect the original works of 19th century authors enough to actually immensely enjoy these parodies? I think so.

I mean, I have 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' (and it's lovely prequel 'Dawn of the Dreadfuls'), 'Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters', 'Android Karenina', and now 'Little Vampire Women'. I'm pretty sure there are many more of these, and I'd honestly love to get my hands on them.


Okay, going off now, 'cause it's been a long day and I'm exhausted.

Night.


P.S. Too much alcohol is bad for you, kids. Don't drink unnecessarily.

No comments: