Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Deeparaya 2011.

Was going to post yesterday, but then was at an unreasonably high stress level, so didn't.

Went on a field trip to the city area for our post exam activities, and messed around in public places because we're retarded that way. Our facilitator was a really nice person; she was all patient with us and let the guys stop to buy ice cream. And then apparently I tried to set her up with Mr Yeo because she told me she thought he was funny and now rumours are spreading about him trying to pick her up and Mr Yeo thinks it's my fault.

But hey, I didn't spread those rumours. People talk about it because they saw it with their own eyes. Ah, such fun.

Then had rehearsals in the afternoon. Almost died but then survived.

Finally had the event today, so now it's over and I'm glad and free of the stress and work-rushing.

People always think these "cultural awareness" events are pointless and hardly any of the students (or teachers) pay attention to all the hard work and time we've put into rehearsals and choreographing and setting up logistics (and making slides and editing videos late, late into the night). It's quite sad. I think until they've really tried it out for themselves and put that much effort into something just to have people dismiss you nonchalantly they wouldn't value it.

So much work goes into making something happen and into making sure things run smoothly for the benefit of the people, but yet "the people" are general ignorant asses who take things for granted.

Either way, I think I learnt quite a few things over the course of the preparation for this event. Found out what "dikir barat" is (and I'm so proud of us for pulling it off with only four practice sessions), and learnt about Hari Raya Haji in Singapore, and met new people, made new friends, gained editing experience.

I have a feeling nothing's truly pointless. Everything has a reason.


Hung around to help out for the post-exam House Games tomorrow and then had dinner at Medzs for our last cluster outing of the year.

No wonder I'm tired.

Okay, good night.


P.S. I'm so tired, I can't even haul my ass to bed.

P.P.S. Feeling quite good because I managed to organise an old Disney movie marathon for our CCA tomorrow. We need bonding.


No comments: