Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Married with Zombies.

Heard about the huge hype about our school receiving SGD $35 million as endowment fund? Well yeah, it's apparently happened and now we know we've got more money than the school lets on.

Hm hope the money gets put to good use.


Been back for a few days now, after some hectic packing last Friday night (no reference to Katy Perry's song) and Saturday morning. Took Fatinn and I almost an hour before we could leave 'cause we had trouble looking for someone to check us out. The boarding staff really need to work on their communications system (either that or nobody really wants to work at 9 am on a Saturday morning).

Plane ride was quite normal. Slept all the way, as usual. I love window seats because you get to lean against the side of the plane and sleep, instead of just nod off awkwardly wedged between two people.


Registered for a provisional driving license on Monday, so now I can like, take lessons and wreck cars and stuff like that. But first I have to pass some law test 'cause they don't trust people who don't know the meaning of road signs on the road.

I'm honestly quite nervous about learning how to drive. For all we know I might be a terrible driver. Ew, let's not have that happen.


Also finished reading 'Married with Zombies' by Jesse Peterson, which was really quite entertaining, considering it was a book about a married couple who discover the zombie apocalypse on their way to relationship therapy. Liked it because there was loads of blood and gore and swearing (I mean, way to be realistic, right? Who wouldn't drop the f-word when zombies are about to sink their teeth into you?). It wasn't phenomenal, but it was good.

Yeah, I really do have a thing for zombie books. I don't know why. Maybe it's the brain-munching, or the flesh-squishing, or the awkward-shuffling. I don't know.

All right, going off now.

Arrivederci.


P.S. One good thing about being used to non-airconditioned rooms? I don't get affected by middle-of-the-night power cuts.

P.P.S. Babies, I have seen babies. Adorable little things.

No comments: