Friday, March 09, 2012

Drive.

Haven't posted in a week (a full week for me is the five days of school we have, weekends are bonus days), so since I'm not in the mood to do anything else right now I'm here talking about it.

Just got back from dinner out with Adithya, Kelvin and Daryl (Jude Lawrence, not the half-Korean). We were supposed to go to that Everything With Fries place again, but it was a long wait, so we decided to try this Middle Eastern place instead, which was quite good.

Last day of the term, so a lot of people are clearing out for a week of home or holiday. Gave leeway for CIP tomorrow so I'm going home tomorrow night, but it isn't going to happen so I'll spend tomorrow probably doing some work, laundry and packing. We'll see how it turns out.


Didn't really have class today, 'cause English was a buffer lesson where we just sat there and played 'Draw Something', which is this new game which sort of emerged over the previous weekend and now played by everybody with a smartphone (those people who don't own phones that can access the Internet or are touchscreen, like me, just watch over-the-shoulder). It's insanely addictive. Then we went to Math, where we started doing the AP Calculus AB booklet Mr Ku gave us a week ago. It's not hard, but the answers are ridiculous because they simplify them to the most unlikely terms and hide it in Multiple Choice. Ninjas.

CCA today was okay. Didn't film anything myself, but went around and supervised the other groups. The progress is quite slow, but then you look at how much fun they have and you're like, okay, let them be. I don't want to drill them too hard and rush them to meet deadlines where they'll end up with terrible videos (but that is what it's like in reality).

The Inception group and the Hunger Games group are doing quite well (because these are Year 4s and 5s). I was totally impressed when Shankari and Cyrus showed up all dressed up for their roles as Ariadne and Dom respectively. Awesome stuff. I have a good feeling for this production. So proud of their dedication and enthusiasm. I think the lesson I want them to learn is that even though a clip may be two minutes long, it takes a tonne of planning and that in order to obtain the shots you want, the filming has to be tedious. Filmmaking has never been and will never be an easy process. It's important to know that.


Monday was epic because the Year 5s all showed up in the wrong place for flag-raising, which then got delayed because we had to shamble from the hall to the track with everyone staring at us. Then got even better because it suddenly got super dark during Chem before it started raining heavily. Was freezing, so went up to get my jacket with Zifang and my lab coat too, 'cause we had a Mol Gen prac afterwards. But then it turned out we didn't need our lab coats 'cause all we did was mix (minuscule amounts) of solutions in the cookery lab. Last lesson with Dr Ahn. I'm going to miss the guy, and his endearing Korean-English accent and the way he's totally okay with us being complete weirdos around him.


Tuesday was okay. Did Tutorial 4 during Math, then had our second English summative (got a B for my previous one, which I thought was great given I was desperately hoping not to fail) where I wrote this ridiculous story about how the relationship between Mother Nature and Father Greed is like a failed marriage. My goodness. Many people tend to go off-topic, but I think I almost went off-form and wrote a bloody narrative instead. Nobody wants to hear stories, but I enjoyed writing it, and I think that's what counts (for me). It disgusts me that people study so much about world issues and politics just because they want to score well in essay writing and not because they care about the world. Ugh.


Wednesday was Thursday, which was really weird because my body was not prepared for PE at all. Did 2.4 (and was like, so slow), then shuttle run sets right after that, and then crunches, and then pull-ups. So sore. Then stayed back to watch the friendly football match between our school team and some other school. Lost, but doesn't matter.

Also, at least 12 of us (out of 25) scored a 1/15 for our Physics in-class. Drew this on the back of my paper (Pin snapped a photo so I stole this from his blog. Sorry, buddy) 'cause I don't think Tony Stark would approve of my lack of intellect. I would disappoint him if he really existed. I think I'll work harder now just so I can earn the approval of Iron Man. He is a man of Science and a man of intellect. Love him.


And then Thursday was Wednesday, so I woke up even more confused than I already am on a daily basis. Oh horrible. Since we took to Wednesday's timetable that day, we had an hour of Math, then had nothing all the way to 2 in the afternoon where we had to assemble at the concourse to get on buses to take us to the Science Centre to support our SSEF finalists.

Once again felt inferior because research and the complicated terms they use in their posters makes me feel dumb. Walked around with Deborah and Wai Yin, then lost Deborah, then met up with Aisyah, then accompanied her on a search for friends from her primary school, then lost Aisyah to a group of people (Rania, MJ and Nikki) who were totally bent on bringing her to Dr Dewey, then met up with Deborah, Adithya, Kelvin and KT again, then went to Mac's so we could have a breather, then took a bus back to school with Adithya, KT, Kelvin, Wai Yin and Zheyu.

Goodness.

Had dinner at some external place because an important guy came (the VC of our university in Brunei) and then we listened to him talk for a while. I quite liked it, 'cause sometimes you lose your drive and you realise you honestly have to get your head back in the game. No botching up, no.

That's why I slept at like, near two in the morning finishing up that Physio prac I totally forgot about that was due today and Math ass 4 which is also due today. Felt really accomplished, because since I did Math ass 4 by myself, I gain more because it means I can sustain myself without help and it boosted my self esteem 'cause now I know I'm not that stupid after all.


Good night.



P.S. Brunei just won HBT 2012, and I am so proud of our little nation. I will see you tomorrow, my dear.

P.P.S. Realised today that the least controversial thing to talk about is food. Yeah food is awesome.

P.P.P.S. This is an amazingly long post.


No comments: