Friday, March 30, 2012

Tribute.

It's like I only post at the start and end of the week now, which probably indicates how hectically busy we've been lately. It's only week 2 and the workload is getting scarier by the minute.

Found out last night that Edd Gould passed away from leukaemia on the 25th. Here's a tribute video on his YouTube channel. I discovered Eddsworld back in 2008. I don't quite remember how that happened, but I think I was on leasticoulddo.com, and was led there through some webcomic-hopping. I loved it, and it was British, and I loved it. It's genius, really. Edd was a genius. Funny, and brilliant, and gruesome in all the right places. I'm glad he did what he loved to do.

A space of silence in his honour.


















Tuesday was all right. Did our AP Calculus AB past year paper booklet, then got our English summative paper back. Did terribly, but no surprises there. Lesson learnt though; stick to the general questions. When you attempt the questions concerning topics they teach in class, the teachers have expectations, and all the crazy hardworking people would have studied insanely for it, and therefore make you look bad. And when you do the general questions (for example, I advocated online piracy in my previous essay), teachers have no benchmark, and hence they're more lenient.

It's a learning experience.

Had Math on Wednesday (because that's the only class we have), then spent the three hours between that and ACE writing a speech a few of us were supposed to present in front of the entire cohort. If I can say so, I think I did quite a good job. I feel so chuffed and quite very proud of myself.

Thursday wasn't as great, because it turned out we had 2.4 that day. Oh goodness, was not mentally prepared at all, and I absolutely killed it. "Killed it" here referring to how I have disgraced it and how I am not worthy of this NAPFA test. Hit my worst ever timing, and that just made me sad. Probably 'cause I'm fat and unfit, but I felt as if I was going to pass out halfway through. Like genuinely pass out. It was terrible. Will redeem myself next week though, during our five stations run.


Pretty regular today too, except we had a briefing in the afternoon for open house helpers, and CCA was really slack and pointless (fiddled around with our new steadicam, which was confusing because the instruction video was in Chinese and I understood nothing), then dropped by the concourse for a while and helped set up the Bio booth for tomorrow.



Okay, will go to sleep now. Long day tomorrow.


P.S. Restring-ed after dinner out with Fatinn, Syaf, Fatin and Yee Rou, but there were no black nylon sets, so I got the clear ones and I'm quite disappointed because I take pride in my strings being black and white. Now they look quite angelic, all silver and glowy and clear. Maybe I needed a change in colour.

P.P.S. Nevertheless, playing on new strings feels so good.


No comments: