Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sepang 2012.

Supporting a winning team feels good, especially when you've stuck by them through thick and thin. It's like, yes, who're you to call us losers? Look who's winning now.

So yeah, Alonso won today's race, and I was delighted.

Basically spent all day looking forward to the race, actually. Woke up at like, ten, then worked on my Chem mind maps a bit, then went out for lunch with Kelvin and KT. Race started right when I finished my first mind map, then I was all like "Oh my goodness" and couldn't concentrate on any work until the race ended.

Hamilton started on pole with Button right next to him (very much like in Melbourne), and then the race started and he was still leading, much to my disappointment. Kimi lost a few places after the start, too, but then it started pouring and they had to suspend the race, which totally changed everything.

Grosjean spun out first few laps (like again, poor thing. I was expecting something from him this time round after he DNF-ed last week), and he was like the only retirement until the very end where a few more people joined him for reasons I don't remember.

Some magical strategy working by Ferrari and Alonso suddenly was in potential first place, and I was all "whoa". Then the pitting worked brilliantly and he was ahead of Perez (who had a brilliant race and finished a close second) and Hamilton.

Kimi finished fifth (and improvement from last week, although I was looking forward to seeing him on the podium). Interestingly, Vettel, Button and Massa ended up out of the points, 'cause Vettel punctured a tyre near the end on Karthikeyan's car, and Button had some terrible luck, and Massa, I don't know what happened to Massa.

It makes me sad to hear people talk about how Ferrari are going to scrap Massa and bring Perez in halfway through (because Perez is actually a Ferrari driver who's driving for Sauber). I do like Massa and I don't want his career to end this way.


Second race over, Alonso's leading the Driver's championship (yay), and the pace of the cars is really beginning to show. Obviously McLaren and Red Bull are up there, and now so are Mercedes and Lotus (ex-Renault), interestingly. Ferrari have the pace of the midfielders, but Alonso's so brilliant he always brings the best out of the car. And I'm glad Kimi's car is up to par, because I really want to see him win a race or two (or the championship, even).


Had our school cross country event on Friday at MacRitchie reservoir, which made this weekend feel somewhat extended. Walked all the way with Suen Rong. Took us forty minutes to cover 3.2 km, but it was a leisurely stroll, appreciating nature and all. Ah, fresh air.


Came back and ordered Rocky's, then watched 'The Fellowship of the Ring' in the TV room. Crashed afterwards, because waking up early and standing around in the hot sun really takes a toll on you.


Had an extremely lazy Saturday, too. Went out, bought some food, followed qualifying, drafted my Chem mind maps (which I've finished, thankfully).


Now going to read up on some Mol Gen for tomorrow's quiz.


Night.



No comments: