Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games.

Just got back from watching The Hunger Games at Cathay with a huge bunch of people (twenty or so) and it was awesome.

Left at seven, and it was fun 'cause it was this huge bunch of people moving together and making a huge amount of noise. Ate, then to be honest with you I felt quite excited about watching it, 'cause we've spent so much time anticipating this movie. And it was even awesomer 'cause majority of us had revelled in the books beforehand.

Sat next to Pin just so we could "fangirl" over The Hobbit trailer if it showed, but it didn't, so we were a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing The Avengers and The Hobbit trailers on the big screen (especially The Hobbit). MJ was on my other side, and she kept wanting to grasp my arm during violent, bloody or scary parts because they were slightly disturbing.

But yeah, the movie kept quite true to the book, and some alterations were definitely understandable because it's hard to convey in moving pictures what could have been narrated from the character's point of view in words (which would have seemed perfectly ordinary in a book but completely weird in a film adaptation). I thought it was quite brilliant, for a book-movie, so good going there.

A few observations here and there, including: President Snow is basically an evil Santa, Cinna has great ear piercings (and looks quite good, too), Rue is ridiculously cute, and Seneca Crane (aka "Sexy Beard Guy") has amazing blue eyes.

So no, I was not disappointed at all.


And now the first awaited movie of the year (for me) has come and gone, which means goodness, time has flown by. It's funny 'cause the first thing Pin said when The Hunger Games ended was, "Man I want to watch The Avengers," and I totally felt the same way. For Nikki, The Hunger Games has become like an integral part of her life, and for people like us, we await The Avengers pretty much the same way too.



The week has been quite busy for me, and posting makes me feel like I'm wasting time, so I don't really post. Been feeling really tired, too, so slept early a few days.

Monday was the first day of my fourteenth term in this school, and consisted of a Mol Gen quiz (which I probably won't do too well for considering I didn't go through the practice questions they gave us), and part one of a workshop we're hosting for Robo. Oh my goodness, so awkward. I mean, I gave the same lecture/talk thing to the video members a month and a half ago, but it seems strange to address a bunch of people who have no idea who you are. But I do love it when people realise filmmaking is bloody hard work. It's fun to see it in their eyes. Will teach editing the following Monday. Also thankful for Wei Ren and Pin, because I never could've done it alone. Media pride forever.


Tuesday was basically doing AP Calculus past-year questions during Math, and then listening to Ms Dass talk about our research projects and our timeline for the rest of the term.


Math GCT-ed on Wednesday, but it wasn't hard, then spent time in 01 studying Chem with Aisyah and Nikki, 'cause their test was that afternoon and mine was today. Epic impromptu-ed our speeches during ACE, and because Galen wasn't there I'm going to have to do the speech for our class instead. That's horrible. I don't understand why people from gavel aren't allowed to participate. It's incredibly unfair. It's like saying people from track aren't allowed to compete during Sports Day 'cause they run too much already. Ugh. Going to end up making a complete fool of myself.

Oh, then went out for dinner with Wee Thean, Kelvin and KT at Botak Jones 'cause it was Wee Thean's birthday. We don't really celebrate birthdays amongst ourselves, so we just go out to eat and wish each other verbally and stuff. It's not a thing we do. Epic moment when a bus window shattered (but didn't fall apart) right in front of us for no reason whatsoever (it probably contracted 'cause it was quite cold at the time, and that's the best reason we can come up with).


Chem test first thing today morning (let us not talk about it, because it's demoralising). Had Physio, then Physics, then was further demoralised when I realise I suck at most of the NAPFA stations during our trial today. So shameful.


Okay, need to wake up early for cross country tomorrow. Bus leaves at 630, and we have to be there ten minutes beforehand.

Night.


P.S. Will be a fun walk tomorrow, not a fun run.


No comments: