Sunday, March 04, 2012

Garth Nix.

Whoops, just got chased out of the TV room by a very responsible (and I respect this nice man because he's not a complete ass like the other one) security guard.

Was trying to watch 'The Descendants' 'cause Adithya's been trying to get a bunch of us to watch it with him for weeks now, so looks like we're going to have to continue watching some other time.

Friday was going to be a good day, what with being able to meet Garth Nix and then go for a buffet with my cluster at Sheraton, but then through it all I sort of fell sick and then zombie-fied over the weekend.


Meeting Garth Nix was an amazing experience, because how many times in your life will you be able to meet an author whose characters and stories once haunted your dreams? He talked about some stuff, and we were all just clinging onto every word. He told us about being inspired, and never giving up, and the importance of being able to finish a story (if we ever wanted to succeed as writers. Sadly I don't see myself now as the "big, famous, successful author" I used to see myself as a little kid, but if I ever, his advice was sound).

Managed to get his autograph, so I have solid proof I've met him in person. And I'm going to paste it in the first Garth Nix book I've ever read, 'Lirael'. Also made plans to reread the Old Kingdom trilogy (Across The Wall included) over the March holidays. Yeah.


Totally wasted the buffet, 'cause I only had a plate of food and a bowl of ice cream (to cool down the sore throat I was having at the time).


Came back and realised I was fevering, so I KO-ed, woke up at one in the morning, popped a Panadol, and went back to sleep till three in the afternoon. Thankfully was a weekend, so now I can go back to school tomorrow as if nothing happened.

It's funny, because I totally recovered like a boss. I mean, I still have that sore throat that's been bugging me since Friday morning, but no more fever, and I no longer feel as if I'm dying. Didn't get any work done because I decided rest and recovery was more important so I slept whenever I had to. And compared to the last time I was sick (which was during the exams last sem) and hardly slept because I had to study and took more than a week to fully recover, this little experiment totally paid off.

And since I watch Sherlock, I know that the phrase "it's an experiment" can justify just about anything.

I may flunk quizzes this week, but whatever. I don't want to kill myself for the sake of grades.



Thankfully only one more week till the March hols.

Bring it.




No comments: