Saturday, May 17, 2008

Elated. I am now Poom 1!

I was nervous all day. Until it came to that hour when I got out of the car and into certain doom.

Jogging? Check.
Stretching? Check.
Last minute pattern? Check.

Then sa bum nim came in with a list, and told me I was first up. Alone. Facing coach nim/kwang jang nim all alone. Heck, I was scared.
He came in again just as I was about to calm down, and said it started in two minutes. I think I could've died on the spot.

I walked in, trying to get my legs not to shake so obviously. I chose a spot to stand. A little to the left, sir said. Okay, a little to the left. Can we start now? Thank you very much, it did.
I messed up my pattern three. That was the longest two seconds of my life, trying to think if it was a punch or a trunk block that came after the lower section block at the end. I got stuck, but I managed to change a half trunk block into a punch. 
As if things weren't bad enough, it took a minute or so for Hazwani to turn up so we could spar. My one-step sparring wasn't as cacat as my real sparring. Urgh. Turning kick, saja. Boring. My toe hurts now.

Then when I thought it was all over, I lay down on the floor under the fan, exhausted. Five minutes later, sir came again, and asked if I could go and spar with Zrah. I was like, "Again?" 
And he said, "Ah, layan saja bah."
So I did. 

The long wait came after that. I thought I would fail. 
Tick tock, tick tock.

We watched the Dan 3 grading (only one guy). So cool. It was done. We were asked to line up, and coach nim said, "Monday, kamu bawa 1-9-6 dollars, dan yang order belt atu, plus 25."

Our reaction: "What? We pass?? YESS!"

Nerve-wrecking.

I am now officially a black belt. Oh heck this is so cool.


Another story, the field trip. It was Zal's birthday. I've got nothing much to say, but our Science teacher said the best thing ever.
"Our first batch saw a monitor lizard, second batch saw a snake, third batch saw monkeys, and you guys saw ghosts."
Don't we so rock?

It was true though. Some girls from 3P did capture "something" on a camera. They video-ed it. There was a "face". 
I'm not too sure of the details, but it has been confirmed that Tasek Lama is haunted. 
And there certainly were "things" there. 

Now I got to go. BM test on Monday. Oh hell.

No comments: