Friday, May 09, 2008

File/Fail?

It's that time of the week again...
I have to cut my nails before I enter the "kuku panjang" zone of school discipline.

My parents came home this morning with a "present" for me. My brother handed me a black plastic bag. Now, what could this be?
I reached into the bag. 
A pirated copy (it cost three bucks) of "Ah Long Pte Ltd" stared back at me.

Awesome.
Now I want to watch. I like Jack Neo's movies, they make me laugh.

MYE is just around the corner. For those who aren't familiar with school lingo, it's Mid-Year Exam. 
But guess what? I'm not sitting for it, along with the other Form 3s in MS. I think the MA5s and Pre-U 2s don't have to do it either, but I'm not sure. As long as I know I don't have to do it, I don't mind who sits for it or not. 
St Andrew's MYE is next week. MS's is this Monday. Topical Test 3 is in three weeks. ARGH. Not again. Why on earth does MS love so many tests?

I'm not qualified to get a full black belt. You have to be fifteen and over. Crap, man.
I have to settle for "Junior Black", or Poom instead of Dan. But the cool thing is that the grading is easier, and you can simply change to black belt when you turn fifteen.
As this passage copied from the Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters) website says: 
2. 1,2,3 Poom holder, being 15 years of age or above, is the same grade of Dan holder.
(4th Poom holder, being 18 years of age or above, is the same as 4th Dan holder)
*1, 2, 3 Poom holder, being 15 years of age or above, can have the Dan Certificates when they
want to change their Poom certificates.
(4th Poom holder, being 18 years of age or above, can change the 4th Dan certificate)

It's kind of cheating though. But still cool.

My dad asked me a question at dinnertime. 
"You have three bottles of the same medicine. One bottle contains expired pills. Each pill weighs one gramme and each expired pill weighs 0.9 grammes. You have an electronic weighing machine, but you can weigh only once. How can you find out which bottle contains expired pills?"

The answer didn't come to me. If you want to know the solution to the question (my dad told me in the end), you can ask.

No comments: