Friday, October 21, 2011

Resistance.

It's a Friday, but it doesn't feel like a Friday. It's sort of like a really sad Friday, because it's the last day of the last complete week of classes we'll be having as a class. And it doesn't feel like a Friday, because there was no CCA.

Sigh.

I was also sad because I lied today. To be honest, and I wasn't when Mr Yeo asked me if it bothered me, it bothers me. It bothers me that people think I talk funny. It bothers me that they mock me even though it's only a bit of harmless fun. It bothers me that I think I might be too sensitive. It bothers me that I seem unable to get angry and tell them to stop and have them believe me. It bothers me.

Is conformity really everything? Just because I don't speak Singlish does not mean I'm flaunting. I speak like I do because I've always spoken like this. I like speaking like this. It's how I learnt to speak English. It's what makes me me. It doesn't matter how we say things, or what accent it's in, because ultimately we use the same words which give the same meaning when we speak the same language.

I'm not sad, or angry; I was just really bothered. But now I'm all right because I have too high a self-esteem to be insecure.


Went down to the demo lab for Physics today. Played around with experimental setups and stuff. Super cool.

Finished off the rest of the speeches today. I loved how ironic Sam's speech was. She's one of the most ardent card-players and class yet she talks about curbing teenage gambling habits.

Had a test during Econs. Hopefully don't do as badly as I think I did.

Talked about worksheets and struggled through our second revision quiz during Chem. I think I might be quite hopeless. The truly intelligent people are those who ace everything without studying. I am not one of those people.


Also, hell week (the week before) results are out, and totally improved for my Geog test from the last one (by like, two marks, which is a lot out of twelve), and passed Chem quiz 3 and our second Physics test (sometimes you need a wakeup call to tell you how stupid you actually are).


Okay, I should go off now. Should be a long day tomorrow.

Good night.


P.S. By the way, Pin, was reading your blog. 1042 posts without a single repeated title, although occasionally I've had to double check before posting.

P.P.S. Lovely rainy weather.

No comments: