Sunday, October 02, 2011

Indulgence.

Dun dun dunn, it's already October, and here I go again on a post about how ridiculously fast time travels and we're all doomed because it'll be the end before we know it.

2012 is coming fast, my dears.

Just finished drafting my speech for our advocacy project thing. Left the Word file there for ages to like, ferment in the depths of my computer memory, and then finally opened it up to finish what I started and finalise things. Revised it a thousand over times, and now I have quite a wordy speech I need to cram into six minutes. I don't want to rush things, because this isn't a race to rapid gunfire. You want to make sure every single bullet hits its target with impeccable timing. I'll make timing my b*tch, man.

Also sort of tried to fit in almost every speech device we learnt about during English into my draft, so I'll at least score points in that area. And I like a challenge. Feeling super proud of myself because I managed to sneak in a Spiderman reference to make it even more epic.

Sometimes I think I'm afraid of making serious speeches.

Wasted a whole lot of time yesterday just sitting around, catching up on television shows and thinking about the amount of work I'm stupidly not doing and stupidly haven't done.

I think they plan it just so they release new seasons of everything right when our workload is going to reach its peak. It's scary. The universe is out to get us.

Hopefully Glee will be able to return to its old, season 1 continuity and not the bunch of random randomness and relationship-trading stuff we had in season 2. I've missed it. I don't ever want Kurt and Blaine to break up, because it would've been too fast and too soon.

How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are as funny and nerdy (for the later) as I remember, which is good because I enjoy their consistency.



Okay good night.


P.S. I strongly feel like having a LotR movie/book marathon. Oh December holidays, let me indulge.

No comments: