Friday, September 30, 2011

"I wear this on my sleeve," -MCR

Last day of September today, and I just realised. And there I was thinking we were still sometime in the middle of September, but apparently not.

Week 3 is over, and it was over so fast yet so gruelling.

It's also the last day of school lessons for the Year 6s today, which means yet another batch is graduating; bringing us closer and closer to our graduation, in turn. The prospect of being out of school and into university life just scares the hell out of me. I'm growing old and what if I can't accomplish what I want to accomplish in the short time I'm given here? Oh no.

And when I recall when we talked about not leaving this place soon enough, I really want to go back in time and tell myself to pull myself together and simply savour everything and go along for the ride.


Okay, so, yeah.

Rained superbly in the morning, so went to school contented and feeling great. Also, it was a Friday, and Fridays are good days because there's no school the next day and we get to sleep in.

Talked about AC and DC circuits during Physics, which makes me wonder why I really never bothered to look up how these things work. I mean, we see them everywhere, and electronic devices and appliances basically rule my life, so why am I not the least curious about them? Maybe it's because they're everywhere, they've become un-fascinating. That's kind of sad. These things need to be appreciated more, I think.

And I'm simply shallow.


Two of the remaining groups finally presented during English (my group presented a week and a half ago), and I have to say, the guys really impressed me with their 'love and marriage' presentation. Yes, it's true that pop culture destroys the meaning of traditional marriage, but true love can never be destroyed. I love it how the guys seem to be more clear about these kinds things than girls are. What can we say? We're erratic.

Also, got marks back for summative compre and essay. Compre was great, essay was better than last time (and last time was a C+, which was depressing beyond words).

Made tonnes of LotR references during Econs with Clarice and Verena, 'cause we had to do this discussion and presentation about the trade of certain countries, and we chose New Zealand. Awesome fun.

Almost managed to finish off our notes during Chem, but we've got one page left before we're done with this sem's module completely. I like Chem.

Edited stuff during CCA. I want to remain president, because I feel as if I need to make up for this horrible year of non-leadership. I believe in me.

Then had dinner out with Wee Thean, Kelvin and Lee Ji-Hyun while we discussed our Econs project. Yeah, busy day.

Okay, going off now. Need to watch the latest episode of Glee.

Night.


P.S. And, if anyone wants to stalk me further, here's a Tumblr account.

P.P.S. The rest of 05 gets to go for the Geog field trip tomorrow with the 04 and 02 Geog students, while Daryl, Zhi Yao, Ryan and I are able to spend our time doing other things tomorrow morning. Whee.

No comments: