Monday, January 16, 2012

Ben.

I've seem to have lost the ability to post, really, which is quite a shame, considering how long I've been doing this.

Once again, I'm here by the door so I can get some peace from the LAN-ness. It's not much, but at least the wi-fi connection here is strong enough to get me by.

Been sleeping quite a lot lately, which I think is a complete waste of time. The strange thing about sleep is that it's quite addictive once you've experienced the sensation of getting enough sleep. Tsk tsk.

Went out with Wai Yin on Saturday, where we went to this place called Turf City and met up with Clara to go trail riding. I think I've found a Singaporean equivalent of the Polo club (or at least, the Empire area, where all the white people/well-off foreigners go).

So like, pretty cool experience, even though I was all sore yesterday from being on horseback after like, a forever. Awesome instructor, too, 'cause Clara got this sort of whiney guy and Wai Yin got this dude who could only speak Chinese. And the horse I rode was such a sweetie, 'cause he came up to nuzzle me (or use me as a towel, I'm unsure) after the hour was up.

The Internet connection right now is quite pathetic, and it's gotten really humid lately. Really sucks.

Spent all day yesterday just moping around in my room, reading Spiderman and wasting time on the Internet trying to pick up world events (and then getting distracted by useless pieces of news such as how to stack salad) and also stalking people on Facebook (because I like to see how great other people's lives are and then give myself a reason to be bitter and lonely).

Also watched an episode of Sherlock (because everyone seem to be watching it, and because Fatehah told me to ages ago and I promised). So, so good. Some scenes were so reminiscent of the original stories I found myself grinning like an idiot and wanting to cling to whoever wrote the script and cry like a baby. Yeah, mixed emotions.

I think the series has brought Sherlock Holmes into life again, and yes, he'd totally be that way if he were real and alive today. In short, I loved it.

And I'm even more keen on seeing Martin Freeman as Bilbo now (as if I wasn't ridiculously keen before) 'cause it's cool to see a familiar face. Goodness, the Hobbit.


School today was ordinary. Had Chem with Dr Li, and then Mol Gen with our Korean exchange teacher, both lessons in which I felt less stupid than during the last because somehow my intelligence grew over the weekend. God knows.

Interesting topics.


And that was it for the day because Year 5 is amazingly slack and I quite enjoy it.


All right, I'm going off now. Both wi-fi and weather failing me.


P.S. CNY in less than a week. Goodness, time flies.

No comments: