Friday, January 27, 2012

Pool.

It seems like I'm going to start every single post by saying "In the pantry right now", so just assume for the duration of the school term that I have to step outside every time I need to post anything or use the real Twitter website or check up on QC updates.

Wednesday, had only an hour of class, which was Math. Then spent the three hours of break we had playing pool in the Games room and The Village in the TV room before going back to school for ACE. Continued watching 'Dead Poets Society', which is honestly astoundingly good, and I now understand the obsession some people have with it. I don't think it really teaches us anything about integrity, but we all enjoy a good movie. Especially when familiar actors are in it.

Thursday, had three Sciences back-to-back followed by PE. Chem was all right. Finished off Assignment 1 in class with the help of Jia Hong, while Mrs Chong talked about alkenes and stuff. Animal Physio was just, well, just. No new lecture notes, but sort of spent two hours recapping the previous lecture. I do understand, but sometimes I find myself a bit perplexed and falling asleep. It's funny how I feel less sleepy during Physics. It's perhaps 90% common sense right now, and I think it's quite fun (what has become of me). Mm circuits.

Paced with Aisyah during PE. Clocked 13:56 for five rounds, which is completely atrocious compared to everyone else (here which refers to the horribly fit girls in our PE group). Need to go running more often, yes. So unfit it's disgusting. I don't know how I've let myself go like this. Reading these posts and remembering the old training days, where I struggled to reach over 50 kg (here). Goodness me.


Almost finished watching 'Dead Poets Society' today during mentoring, but got cut off because Ms Dass wanted to carry on with our English lesson (which I will, again, stress that I will fail this module). Brain froze so badly.

Half an hour break, then had Math (which we now shall start referring to as "SPM", or "Stupid People Math", because we're not Honours students). Thankfully understood things. I'm so grateful for the slower pace, because it gives my poor intellectually impaired brain time to think and absorb information.

Class ended after Math, so went with Aisyah to the Games room to play some pool. We seem to play pool a lot nowadays (well we used to, but ever since the other Year 5s moved in, we've been playing a lot more). Yeah, I quite enjoy pool sessions, because you can simply pop in and join a game, and somehow there are always people there to play with.

CCA was awesome, as usual. Met up with Pin and Jia Min beforehand to discuss things, then went to the hall to fetch new juniors. Eight Year 1s this year, which means double last year's number. So, so elated. We were all like high-fiving each other in the hall, and now everyone knows we are the weirdest CCA.

Didn't have food today because Wei Ren was at SLI rehearsals (along with a few others, and the Year 4s who had SMP), so broke some ice with whacko and charades and basic introductions. Going to hold a briefing on Monday though.

Went out for Rocky's afterwards with Wee Thean, Kelvin, Adithya, KT, Wai Yin and Woan Chyi. Mm food.

Came back and then played even more pool. Goodness, need to develop better skills. I'm sick of depending on luck.

All right, so that's it for the endeavours of the week.

Night.



No comments: