Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Racist werewolves.

Bit of a break before study time actually starts. Have a Spiderman versus Doc Ock sketch I want to finish, but I'm not bothered at the moment, because I'm having one of those moments when you wake up, glance at last night's work and realise everything went wrong and you really can't draw.

It's quite hard getting used to the new roll call timings, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be so far. Haven't missed anything yet, thankfully, but after three years it's been hardwired into my brain to roll call at 8 pm and 10.30 pm on regular school days, and at 11 pm on weekends. That's just the way we've adapted to life here. And now everything's all harum-scarum because there used to be time after study time to do things we had to (such as laundry, and now the gate to 7B is locked after 9 pm, which really sucks even though they promised us access until late).

Listening to 'We're In This Together' by Nine Inch Nails, because I heard it in the Avengers' movie trailer and I couldn't take my mind off it. It's quite awesome, really. Makes you want to develop mutant powers/build an awesome suit of armour/throw yourself off buildings recklessly because you can fly.

I think the closest I'll ever get to superhero status is being able to fit in their costumes and look good (and being a good person with moral values, of course). I mean, have you seen female superheroes? Tight, skimpy clothing, enlarged chest areas and tiny waists. It's probably because since many of the people who read these things hardly have a social life and hence probably no girlfriend, so it acts as compensation. I don't know, but that's what I think.

Besides, hot chicks = greater sales.


Only two classes today (not counting Medicinal Chem, because it's an elective and I totally crashed it since I'm probably last on the waiting list and today'll be the only time I'll be allowed to do that).

Had Math first thing in the morning after mentoring (with our really cool mentor), and I realise I really do miss Mr Chia. Two years of Math with him, and sometimes you kinda miss it when it hits you and you realise your teacher isn't Mr Chia. I'm going to have some hard time with my working presentation, I think.

It's fun though, because our assignment is due a week after the Math honours' class's assignment. Yeah, smart people, but at least we're taking it easy and at a sweet, leisurely pace.

Had English afterwards. Essay writing skills and I'm scared. I don't know how I'll be able to keep up with expectations, given I now have the vocabulary of a three-year old non-native English speaker and I know about as much world politics as a tree stump.


Spent time after that in the TV room playing this game called 'Werewolves of Millers Hollow: The Village'. Quite fun.


Okay, almost study time now. Better go and be productive.


Adieu.


P.S. Braiiinnns. I need braaaiiinnnssss.


No comments: