Monday, January 09, 2012

Finality.

Reading this right now and it's reinforcing my love for Daniel Handler and his lovely genius with words. And his quotes are so true. You can't deny that, even though they sound atrocious at times and make you want to shake your head in disbelief, but they are true.

So like yeah, first proper day of lessons today (CCA fair day did not count because we only had one class and it was like, diagnostic test-y). Spent my weekend walking around the Orchard area because my mum and aunt were over to do some pre-CNY shopping (CNY good, shopping not really) after rushing off after our CCA fair.

Oh yeah, CCA fair 2012 was awesome. Our banner was brilliant. Here's a picture. Thanks to all the people who helped out to paint it over the course of orientation and the hours counting up to the event. One of the best so far I think, because our poster is awesome too, and we totally shamelessly advertised. So much pride for Media right now. I love how we love our CCA to bits (unlike some of the other CCAs where people feel like crap every CCA day because they know they have to show up), and I love how we take so much pride in being in Media. We work hard and we know it. It doesn't matter if people think we're slackers or that we do nothing. Because by the end of the day we're the ones who've had the most fun doing what we do.

Anyway, back to first day of proper lessons. Managed to wake up on time, thank goodness, but then reached the track way earlier than we usually do. For years we've sat at the concourse waiting for the bell to ring, but today we were there before the bell rang and everyone was all confused because we were amazingly punctual and did well.

Had a Chem briefing right after morning assembly, where Mr Murali told us about expectations and such, because since we're Honours students we aren't allowed to do that badly. And no, no Olympiad for me. I don't want to kill myself.

Then had the actual Chem lesson with Dr Li. Yeahey, Dr Li. Pin, Daryl and I wrote "Media <3" on the name list she asked us to pass around, because we really do love our CCA.

Not bad, but have managed to forget everything from Year 3, all the way from hybridisation to nomenclature. Uh oh. Thanks to Jia Hong for helping me recall things.

Molecular genetics was quite uneventful. Have this Korean exchange teacher, so his accent was a bit off (but not incomprehensible), but honestly, hardly anyone could catch anything, because this is a bewildering topic meant to confuse young minds.

Then had no class, then hung around the Fibo room for a while, then collected O-level results.

I will never have to take Malay in school ever again. Oh goodness. I feel accomplished. Back when I came here, I thought I didn't have to deal with Malay, but I did, and now it's over. Heck that was fast.

I am so thankful I passed. So, so thankful. Aisyah and I were practically prepared to cry.

Shocking results, and I feel sad because a lot of people were quite badly affected by the results. It's a terrible day.


Okay, going off now.

Good night.


P.S. Still no sign of new junior. I'm starting to doubt he's even coming.


No comments: