Monday, January 02, 2012

So it begins.

Would've posted yesterday, but didn't because I couldn't seem to get wifi in my room (still can't, actually, so I'm sitting by the door, trying to leech off the weak tendrils of wifi here).

The thing is, LAN Internet connection is quite fast and pretty adequate, but it blocks many things. Like posting a post on Blogger, and accessing Twitter, and questionablecontent.net. And it makes me sad.

So yes I'm now back here, after having left the comfort of home behind me (many kilometres behind me, in fact) in order to pursue a better education and hence stretch my potential and stuff. Whoa.

It's the second day of the new year, which means we're two days closer to the apocalypse. Also, I've managed to pack my bags, catch a ridiculously empty flight, arrive safely, move boxes around, unpack, meet up with friends again, et cetera.

Spent all last night unpacking, so could sleep in a bit late as a reward. Then went out to Clementi Mall with Fatinn to buy essentials like shampoo and detergent and stuff because that's the way we roll.

Then came back and TV-roomed with a bunch of people from my year and then ate then played pool.

It's so weird having to see familiar faces all around. Previously, the hostel really was a place to get away from school (albeit partially and even though we were still within school compounds), but now it's like, whoa, total school five days a week, day and night. Must need some getting used to, this thing.

Orientation starts tomorrow, so then I'll start talking about things in full.

Night.


P.S. Oh no, hostel food begins again.

No comments: