Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ash's off to Perth.

Yesterday... I had to wake up early. To catch that (purple) bus ride to the airport.

Okay, so that was partly true. I followed my mum to work so I could hitch a ride to the airport later in the morning to see Ashley off on her plane to Aussie. Perth. It's like everybody's going to Perth nowadays. What is it, the cheaper plane ticket prices? But not in this case. This one's called, migration.

So my best friend for I don't know how many (I've known her for nine) years is migrating to Australia, and what did I do? Nothing. Surprisingly I just stood and watched her hug all her other pals and as they struggled not to cry, I struggled not to shout out, "PDA!!!" (PDA is Public Display of Affection. I say it whenever Neko goes and hugs people). I got a hug too. How could I refuse? That was the last time I'd be seeing her. Unless she comes back in two years to do her passport and stuff.

I supposed it helped that I moved out of St. Andrew's two years ago, so we're not as close as before. Sharlyn kept reminding me, "You know, I cried when you left SAS. You should cry now."
No. Sorry, Shar. I don't cry. Not enough emotion in me.
Shar and I were also planning to smuggle ourselves into Australia by somehow distracting those security guards and leaping onto the luggage carousel. Actually, it was only her.

"Look, Yawen, all you need to do is get those kids to start acting sick and all that," Here she starts gesturing wildly towards the carousel. "Then, we jump onto that thing, find a big empty suitcase and poof, we're on our way to Australia."

"No, Shar," I shake my head disapprovingly. "You can't do that. We'd die of some cold-related disease on the plane."

"Aw...man! Why don't we just blow up the airport?"

"Ssh! You're not supposed to talk about bombing in airports! And no, we're not doing that."

By the way, My Chem is in Singapore today. My heart yearns to be there, to watch them play live... But alas, I cannot. It is so close, but yet so far. I was talking about them never coming to this part of the world earlier in the year.
Oh well, there's still next time.

No comments: