Sunday, December 30, 2007

Leading to 2008.

I'm dreading the start of school. It's not the work that's bothering me, it's just that I'll be missing all that extra sleep I get during the holidays. I hardly sleep in the afternoons (except during bus rides) and surplus snooze time is, for me, extremely rare. In fact, it's so endangered, I believe it'll soon be listed under 'X' for "extinct".

When school re-opens, I predict the usual chaos of timetable-issuing (in which the timetables aren't even printed yet. Happened this year and we got ourselves scolded by teachers who so "assumed" we had them already), new teachers (who we shall, sadly, judge before we get to know them well) and in addition, the constant complaining of having to climb three floors up with heavy bags weighing our shoulders down.

The form ones (in which my dear friend Cassandra will be part of) and pre-Us will get to start next year's education a day later, on the third of January. An extra day of sloth is better than nothing. I bet the teachers are all quailing from the fact that they, too, will have to begin working. And we're not going to make it an easy year for them either. Muahaha. 
I wonder why we're all so mean. If we could just put aside all that fun and games (*sniffle*) and do what we were asked to do and hand it in on time, we could save a lot of trouble for the teachers and ourselves. Think of it. I have.
And through my thinking, I have concluded that even though my last-minute homework may give me very tense moments and end up a big mess, they're still passable. So, I shall continue to do so until matters in the future speak otherwise. 
In contrast to my previous conclusion, this will not (I hope) apply to PMB. 

Have you noticed, as the school term approaches, I tend to write more with the content a tad more interesting? (And that I used a lot of brackets in this post?)

No comments: