Thursday, December 27, 2007

When do I talk to myself?

- I tend to give myself advice or remind myself to (or not to) do certain things in public places.

- When I read the newspaper. (There's just so much to critique!)

- When I take long walks by myself.

- When I'm trying to think.

- When I'm "emo-ing".

- When I can't make out those jumbled music notes.

- When I'm annoyed, I swear under my breath repeatedly. (I omit necessary syllables, obviously)

- When I'm simming. I go, "No, you stupid sim, why can't you walk around it? Around it!"

- When I study. I mutter fast and exasperatedly. 

- When I watch Formula 1.

- Before I sleep.

You know, talking to yourself isn't such a bad thing... I think. Sure, it may be linked to a series of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and the like but come on, it was originally connected to problem solving and the use of the mind. So in general, and in my opinion, of course, people who don't talk to themselves are not connected with their inner selves and cannot solve problems on their own. You must know yourself, both inside and out. 
Though much of myself remains much of a mystery to me; I'm a very strange person as I know it. Even my dad believes that one day I'll have to seek medical attention.

No comments: