Saturday, September 17, 2011

Acceptance.

Did two things of significance today, and only two, so it wasn't really as productive as I planned it be.

Slept too much in the morning, and ended up not getting anything done because I was sleeping, instead.

But managed to get my lazy ass out of bed and head down to Bugis to meet Aisyah so we could check out the National Library together and see if we could find any useful material for our Malay debate project. Apparently not.

Despite the non-yieldy trip, we gained plenty of new library experience, 'cause neither of us had been there before. If it's possible to fall in love with a building, I have with this one. I love libraries because they're so organised, literate and smell of books, and I love this particular library even more because the building looked so good.

It was ridiculously professional-looking, too. Great place.


The second thing I did of significance today is draw out this print ad for our English advocacy speech project thing in order to support our cause.

And since I'm posting it here, I might as well get out with my cause. I'm advocating a review of the current sexual education syllabus to include LGBT matters. This is because with education gains understanding, and understanding leads to acceptance, and with acceptance, the world becomes a better place. It sucks to have to go through high school as a student with tonnes of work, and it must suck even more to have to go through it with sexual confusion and unsureness of oneself, risking depression and such.

So once a generation has been educated, it paves the way for future generations to have the same level of acceptance. People shouldn't be defined by their sexuality. They can love who they like.

So there you go. Now I'm off to draft my speech.

Adieu.

P.S. I also like libraries because when a library is new, it smells of new building, and when it's settled in, it smells of books, which are two of my favourite smells.

P.P.S. Workload still dwarfs Mt Everest. Oh help me.


No comments: