Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Entropy.

As good as rainymood.com is at helping one pretend it's raining, it isn't as good as real rainfall, which is why it feels amazing right now because it actually is raining.

It seems like I talk about the weather all the time here, but I honestly can't help it. I love almost everything about rainy weather. The darkness, the pitter-patter of raindrops, the occasional assuring thunder and lightning, the cold, the way the wind blows and kisses your face with a slight hint of wet, the smells, the sounds of cars driving through water and making little splashing noises. Is that selfish? I know a lot of damage can be caused by storms and relentless rainfall and stuff like that, and even so I still seem to love it to bits.

But you can't always see the bad side of things, can you?


Okay, printing my Math journal now, because Joo Kee just tweeted about having not finished his and I almost totally forgot about it. That's what I love about the Internet and social networking, even though it's a huge waste of time and causes us to procrastinate so much. I enjoy feeling connected.

Had Malay first thing in the morning today, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to fare very well for this test either. This is it, I'm going to fail my O-level paper and end up having to take Malay until I graduate at this rate. Better start crackin'.

Had Math afterwards, where Mr Chia gave us sound advice on choosing our honours and majors for next year. Everyone obviously wants to choose the subjects they like most, and yet not want to die of work overload. It's a hard balance to find. Then he told us stuff about our future Math modules, which pretty much scared off or tightened the resolve of Math-honour-takers.

Statements is an interesting topic because it's been mostly words, so far. Converse inverse contrapositive maybe yes no perhaps just kidding. It sure doesn't feel like Math.

Finally started on our last topic of the year for Chem, but then got reminded of how much we didn't like entropy. Oh, entropy. Entropy of the system, of its surroundings, of the universe. Time going forwards and entropy increasing until equilibrium and so on. Deep stuff, man. Existence is a scary thing.

Need to get started on our Econs project. So far we've only distributed roles. It's hard 'cause we aren't in the same class and have other things to think about.


Okay, going off now.

Night.


P.S. Need to brush up on my pool skills.

P.P.S. You know the awesomer half of the year has arrived when it starts raining a lot more frequently.

No comments: