Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monza 2011.

Let's see if I can rush this post in a few minutes, because my workload has piled up like magic and now I don't want to like, die.

Went to a sort-of party for middle-aged people yesterday, and saw old people sing terribly. The experience will scar me for life, but at least now I know I can still have shameless fun when I'm seventy.

Then magically woke up before noon today to head out for breakfast before catching my flight back here, the place where my school is situated because I need an education to make a better living in the future, and because my country sent me here because they didn't really want me back home.

Caught the race, and was sad I couldn't watch it on television, but that's all right. Will catch highlights eventually.

Vettel won, again, and Button got second place, again, and Alonso managed a place on the podium, which was brilliant for Ferrari.

At this rate, Vettel and Red Bull are going to clinch both championships before long, and all we can do is sit back and watch and congratulate them. Good going, really. They've dominated all season. Ferrari are third in the standings after McLaren, and Alonso's in second in the Driver's standings with Massa in sixth.

Webber crashed out early in the race trying to take on Massa, and then Massa spun and ended up in tenth place. Poor guy made it back up to sixth though.

Apparently the Schumacher-Hamilton battling was uber epic awesome and brilliant, but I couldn't watch it and that only reinforced the sadness when Hamilton managed to overtake my childhood hero with his better-performing car.

Nine cars retired, which is quite a large number. Liuzzi and his first turn fiasco (or perhaps not, race stewards think there were other causes of the tangle) wiped out Rosberg, Petrov, D'Ambrosio and himself in one go, and various other failures ended it for other drivers.


Okay, okay, going off now.

Night.


P.S. Last term of Year 4 coming right up. Holy shit that was fast.

No comments: