Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Excuses.

Doing a teeny slice of research at the moment (which here means typing phrases into the Google search bar on the top right corner of my browser window) for my English advocacy speech project thing, and it turns out our region of the world is still keeping really hush-hush about all this homosexuality stuff.

They don't talk about discrimination cases, hate crimes or senseless assaults. It's so clean. It's like they don't acknowledge gays at all. It's like a problem they don't want to address, and hence keeping it quiet, very much like this advocacy speech project thing we have to do.


Honestly, I don't really mind this advocacy speech project thing (I'm unsure what to call it because it appears to be not just a simple, heavily-graded six-minute speech anymore) because my ego is large enough for me to enjoy being heard, but one of the main reasons why I procrastinate so much is because I don't want to do a crap job. Which is super ironic, because the later I leave my work, the more likely I'll end up doing a crap job. Subconsciously, I'm giving myself an excuse to submit subpar work. Bad subconscious.


Had this short hostel talk in the theatrette during mentoring, so spent twenty minutes or so listening to Ms Queenie tell people about what it's like in the hostel, what to expect, how to behave, and all the essential life skills they'll pick up during their stay. Fun stuff, yeah, but I still can't help but feel a bit violated 'cause it's like tonnes of new people are invading your house.

Lounged around during Malay and discussed some peribahasa questions, then had our first GCT of the week during Math, followed by Chem, followed by nothingness and card-playing, followed by Econs.

Ah, Econs.

I still enjoy Humanities.



P.S. Haze has improved, skies are clearer and it rained. Overall, the weather is looking up and I'm thankful.

P.P.S. I love my Tweeple.

No comments: