Sunday, September 04, 2011

Les Schtroumpfs.

Whoops, been away from the Internet since my flight back on Friday, and haven't posted for too many days.

During my brief period of abstinence, Irsyad kindly tweeted me this terrible piece of news, where MCR fires their temporary drummer Mike Pedicone for stealing stuff from them, which is really sad. I was kind of getting used to him replacing Bob and stuff. Oh God, I miss Bob Bryar.

Anyway, not that anybody cares, but I'll run through the last few days just in case they get lost in history forever.

Thursday was our school teacher's day celebration, which was disappointingly un-entertaining (although it was a definite improvement from our national day celebration). Appreciated teachers and stuff. I totally appreciate my teachers. In fact, one of the reasons why I didn't post on Thursday was because if I did, I'd be writing another huge cliché post on why we should appreciate our teachers and how to appreciate our teachers and stuff, so no.

Friday was my flight back, so spent the morning packing and the afternoon transiting between countries.

Watched The Smurfs (movie) yesterday with my mum, brother and cousins. It was better than I expected, and I'd totally learnt to keep my expectations low now, so I can still enjoy myself and be entertained. I liked it because it was full of ridiculous familiarity. Neil Patrick Harris, Jayma Mays, Hank Azaria. I was in television series junkie heaven, man. And the references, oh the references.

But yeah the Smurfs were kinda cute and it was kinda funny so good going for a holiday "nothing-better-to-do" movie.


Also started reading 'Merde Actually', sequel to the wonderful 'A Year In The Merde' by Stephen Clarke, who is as funny as he is an awesome writer. Finished it earlier today, and I have to say it made a highly amusing read. Loved it loved it loved it.

The reason why I got 'A Year In The Merde' around a year or so ago was because I saw 'Merde Happens' out in stores but didn't want to buy it because my strange compulsive disorders prevent me from buying books out of order. Was totally impressed with the title, and the Merde books are so so brilliant.

Also had fun carrying around a book which blatantly spells out the word "shit" in French and having nobody mind because they didn't know what it meant.

So yeah, need to get some work done soon, but it doesn't hurt to be able to chillax to the fullest for a few days before getting back in the game again.


Adieu.


P.S. Smurfin' smurfity smurfin' smurfs.


No comments: