Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dancing Iron Filings.

I just realised I could put my iPod on shuffle without looking. Cool.

I have also realised that today's date sounds nice. 23-4. Shakespeare's birthday. Manda's birthday. Happy fourteenth birthday, if you're reading this. 

The Green Patrol's patrolling starts today. Even if I'm not a member of the MS Youth Initiative, please recycle and make their lives easier. You know how much red paint my classmates accidentally sprayed on the windows to paint those boxes?
A bit. 

We had another assembly today. That woman (I will keep her name private in case she finds out, but you know her) kept telling us to stand straight, stop talking and to sing louder and synchronised. One reason why we can't sing synchronised is that when she says "mula", one side of the concourse hears it first. It's the law of sound travel. So it takes maybe half a second later for the rest of us on the other side to hear it and react. 
It's Science. 

We got video-ed during Science for some reason. It was awfully awkward, and I couldn't stop laughing because the iron filings were dancing. Yes, people, dancing. On the nail electromagnet thing with less coils, this teeny piece of iron was vibrating so much it looked like it was at some disco. 
So cute.

Then Stephanie just had to poke them with her pen and discovered the electromagnet sent out vibrations if you held your pen tip close to it. Now that was cool. Our Science teacher said, "If I get electrocuted, it's your fault."
Yes 'cher. I know. 

Oh, and I have a question. 

Why do the Form Ones and Twos need another HEP?
More importantly, with less evil teachers?

No comments: